Fly-in near Chichester This weekend 21 and 22 May

Hi all

The weather looks very promising for this weekend and the owner of the land has OK,d a fly-in at a new site we have down on the South Coast near Chichester. It is a nice large flat field and we can camp . This is a great spot from which to fly out to the Isle of Wight and shorter flights to Portsmouth, where there is lots to see from the Spinniker tower, The Ark Royal, Navey dockyards, old sea forts, Hovercraft and hundreds of sailing boats. The other way you can get to Worthing, and if you climb over 2000 ft to miss the airspace at Shoreham you can go to Brighton and beyond.

We will make plans for where best to Fly on Friday, and hope to takeoff fairly early, say 10.30 am if we want to do a trip around the Isle of Wight. If anyone is coming from far away and wants somewhere to stay Friday night give me a shout and you can stay on my farm in Pulborough. 07875724540

For a map of the site go to the West Sussex club part of this forum and look at the Hambrook site map that Barry put together. It shows a site guide with noise and hight restrictions so we can avoid complaints from the neighbors.

There will be a BBQ, a few tables and chairs and not much else laid on for the evening so bring some food and entertainment.

Radio frequency will be 143.875

download/file.php?id=916

The weather still looks OK for a flight across to the Isle of Wight on Saturday morning but may have to leave quite early before the wind picks up. It is forecast due south at 10 mph which from experience never normally fills in with a sea breeze. This suits the south side of the island because it is all one long cliff from the tip at StCatherines point to the Needles.

Sunday is a wash out

Hope it will be as good as today, This is Mark cruising along near Beachy Head. Four and a half hours flying today.

The weather still looks pretty good for Saturday, but we are going to have to leave quite early if we want to get to the south side of the Isle of Wight before the wind picks up. So if you want to do this flight with me and Mark we plan to leave about 8.30 am. call on 07875724540 if you want to do this

we should be back around midday

the middle of the day may or may not be very flyable but according to the rasp tables, the evening looks like sunshine, very light winds and good for a nice cruise around the Solent, which is a very interesting place to fly with lots to see. I rate this as one of my very favorite picturesque flights.

Sunday is blown out so its kitesurfing for me down at West Whittering.