Simojet

pete_b

As its quiet?

About 3 months ago I decided to get anther more powerful paramotor now there is nothing wrong with my trusty Pap Top 80 but I want better economy.

I looked at what was avalable and it came down to 3, but they all had good points and bad so Ill build my own.

I contacted Simonini and ordered a mini 2 plus with fuel pump and bing carb.

Ordered a ground adjustable prop from GSE in the states.

Two weeks later they were both here oooooooooooo shiny shiny.

I have over the last few years flying thought that if this was different or that was moved to there maybe it would be better,so I decided to build my own cage.

6mm stainless tube was ordered and arived two days latter,after I had made the bender I started to form the cage Then work picked up and what with one thing and another the build was crawling along.

As I am a BIT impatient I was not going to have the motor sat around for I don't know how many months doing nothing so I thought about putting it in to my Pap cage but decided to keep this flyable just in case it was flyable.

After thinking about it I decided to to get a parajet macro complete less engine and fit the Simonini in to it.

The engine is now in sat in the cage waiting for some extra mounts to be made so as the exhaust and prop will clear the cage,the electric box fouled the head so thats got to be reworked the spark plug will not allow the fuel tank to go in so I have heated up the tank and pushed the top down in(not a pretty sight but it will do for now)

I am now trying to work out a throttle grip with stop and start buttons. I did not go for the Parajet one as I like the Pap type and found the Parajet one a little large for me.

I hope to have it running by mid Jan as my Pap will be in spain waiting for me to go out and fly it in the warm air over the beach.HA HA

Pete b :?

Pete,

Have a word with Jim on the Lemmings site as I'm sure the Jabba 1 I saw at Paramania last April was a Simo in a Parajet macro cage.

He might have some tips on setting up the prop and the motor, as I know he did lots of thrust testing with various props to improve the economy over his original Parajet (that i think Stu? now owns).

Cheers

Paul

I have managed to build myself a great hand throttle I worship parajet but I do think their throttle is a little bulky especially when you have your risers and brake in the hand. I also like my hand free to use a camera etc. My hand throttle works perfectly, if I change my paramotor i will be keeping or building myself another one. take a look at my photos in my album The handle is a mountain bike handle bar end make "Specialized" "Dirtrod Bar Ends 05" part no 2143610 price

£14.99 pair the brake lever is made by "swinger" part no BX273

price £10.99 pair both purchased from J E James Chesterfield

England. the start stop button is a "Horn/Starter Button" part no

594B purchased from Motorworld Matlock England. I have seen similar

in some electronic catalogues. Stop button at thumb level start at

bottom only activated by your other hand. The "cruse control" is

achieved by drilling the allen bolt head side of the throttle lever

holder large enough to allow the allen head of the bolt to slide in

and out, clamping the lever when the thumb screw is turned. The

clever bit is the spot weld on the allen head bolt. The spot weld is

to stop the allen bolt from turning but still allowing the head to

move with in the holder and clamp the lever when the thumb screw is

tightened. The weld was achieved by two spots repeated one on top of

the other with a simple arc welder and a stainless steel rod. You

will have to drill and file a notch offset to the allen head hole to

seat it all into. the felt washers are used each side of the lever

on the bolt. When using tighten the cruse control thumb screw. It

is the smoothest clamp and requires no effort, the lever can still

be pulled or pushed out with the back of your fingers to

increase/decrees the engine revs holding a constant speed. The rest

of the manufacturing can be seen by by studying the photos.

good luck

many thanks Miles

As its quiet?

About 3 months ago I decided to get anther more powerful paramotor now there is nothing wrong with my trusty Pap Top 80 but I want better economy.

I looked at what was avalable and it came down to 3, but they all had good points and bad so Ill build my own.

I have over the last few years flying thought that if this was different or that was moved to there maybe it would be better,so I decided to build my own cage.

6mm stainless tube was ordered and arived two days latter,after I had made the bender I started to form the cage Then work picked up and what with one thing and another the build was crawling along.

As I am a BIT impatient I was not going to have the motor sat around for I don't know how many months doing nothing so I thought about putting it in to my Pap cage but decided to keep this flyable just in case it was flyable.

After thinking about it I decided to to get a parajet macro complete less engine and fit the Simonini in to it.

The engine is now in sat in the cage waiting for some extra mounts to be made so as the exhaust and prop will clear the cage,the electric box fouled the head so thats got to be reworked the spark plug will not allow the fuel tank to go in so I have heated up the tank and pushed the top down in(not a pretty sight but it will do for now)

I am now trying to work out a throttle grip with stop and start buttons. I did not go for the Parajet one as I like the Pap type and found the Parajet one a little large for me.

I hope to have it running by mid Jan as my Pap will be in spain waiting for me to go out and fly it in the warm air over the beach.HA HA

I have already looked at your throttle Miles and it is great but I am going to try my own design first.

If it does not work then I will make one of yours

Thanks for the info.

Pete b

I have managed to build myself a great hand throttle I worship parajet but I do think their throttle is a little bulky especially when you have your risers and brake in the hand. I also like my hand free to use a camera etc. My hand throttle works perfectly, if I change my paramotor i will be keeping or building myself another one. take a look at my photos in my album The handle is a mountain bike handle bar end make "Specialized" "Dirtrod Bar Ends 05" part no 2143610 price

£14.99 pair the brake lever is made by "swinger" part no BX273

price £10.99 pair both purchased from J E James Chesterfield

England. the start stop button is a "Horn/Starter Button" part no

594B purchased from Motorworld Matlock England. I have seen similar

in some electronic catalogues. Stop button at thumb level start at

bottom only activated by your other hand. The "cruse control" is

achieved by drilling the allen bolt head side of the throttle lever

holder large enough to allow the allen head of the bolt to slide in

and out, clamping the lever when the thumb screw is turned. The

clever bit is the spot weld on the allen head bolt. The spot weld is

to stop the allen bolt from turning but still allowing the head to

move with in the holder and clamp the lever when the thumb screw is

tightened. The weld was achieved by two spots repeated one on top of

the other with a simple arc welder and a stainless steel rod. You

will have to drill and file a notch offset to the allen head hole to

seat it all into. the felt washers are used each side of the lever

on the bolt. When using tighten the cruse control thumb screw. It

is the smoothest clamp and requires no effort, the lever can still

be pulled or pushed out with the back of your fingers to

increase/decrees the engine revs holding a constant speed. The rest

of the manufacturing can be seen by by studying the photos.

good luck

many thanks Miles

As its quiet?

Let me get it flying first then we can add the gold reflective paint and get some of the parts anodized.

pete b :idea::wink::wink:

It will be great to see it fly matey :D

Bringing the biker concept of 'Streetfighter' bikes into Paramotoring!

We will be having custom Paramotor shows soon :lol::lol::lol:

SW :D

Sorry there are no pictures yet but the blue tooth connection on my pc has disappeared

I will try to get some put up soon.

Engine is now fitted including the spacers to allow for the exaste and prop clearance.

Home made throttle is done. :D

Half the wiring is in. :D

I had to cut nearly all of the back (engine side) out of the fuel tank and fit a flatter piece in to clear the spark plug (have you ever tried plastic welding AAAAHHHHHHHHH) :evil:

I am hoping to have it up and running for the 12/13 training day :?

Pete b

Well done Pete!

Any difference in dry weight after the process is complete?

Max thrust figures when you have them would be good.

Pictures of the completed machine with naked (female) model would be appreciated. (No gaping gussets as this is a family site. :lol: )

:wink::wink: