Help me problem with fuel??

dmpatanis

Make sure that the pipe in the tank is on the bottom of the tank.

If it is in the bottom you may have leak in the pipe where 3 litres of fuel come, if it goes below this level then it will suck air in to the pipe.

Put more fuel in and it will be above the pipe so it will not suck air in.

I was going to write an essay on this, but I wont :D

First check the "Donk" is lying at the bottom of the tank covered in fuel. There are no kinks or restrictive cable ties on the fuel line and the filter is clean.

Then check the breather pipe for the tank is clear. A dead giveaway for a blocked breather is opening the filler cap straight After the motor has stalled and hearing the rush of air entering the tank. (a vacuum has formed, starving the carb of fuel). By adding fuel you will have already released the vacuum and the motor runs fine for a while. :D

If all is OK. I would suggest the problem lies within the carburetor. A weak/damaged diaphragm will rely on gravity feeding fuel up to the carb (IE more fuel in the tank).

probably

Colin B

Hello,i open the cap of the tank and i see that the end of the fuel line was in the fueland covered of fuel,only this.The engine when the fuel in the tank drops under the 3,5liter seems not working good.

For example with 3liter and the fuel line in the gas tank the engine idles ok,but when i push the throtle seems to shut down.If i put for example 2 liter more all was fine.Why does this happend.

The fuel line covered of fuel,the breath of the tank its Ok,the engine is new,what other to check??

Thanks a lot.

Now listen to me... I used to have a rad that did the same thing, I believed it was because there is a limit as to how high fuel can be sucked for proper fuel flow. I may be wrong in this case but there is certainly a height that a vacuum would form in the closed end of tube filled with petrol or any other liquid.

Nige

Now listen to me... I used to have a rad that did the same thing, I believed it was because there is a limit as to how high fuel can be sucked for proper fuel flow. I may be wrong in this case but there is certainly a height that a vacuum would form in the closed end of tube filled with petrol or any other liquid.

Nige

Yes!!!!!!! you are wrong :lol:

There is a limit but it is a lot more than the distance from the tank to the carb,

And that would not cause it to start sucking air bubbles in to the pipe.

Now just return from the garage.

I check the pipes and its ok then i fill the tank with 6liter of fuel and at the start(cold engine) the motor its ok(idle and the full throtle)but when the engine is hot idles but when i push the throtle dies???

Why???

Sky 100 with WG8 carburetor

Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Guest

Now just return from the garage.

I check the pipes and its ok then i fill the tank with 6liter of fuel and at the start(cold engine) the motor its ok(idle and the full throtle)but when the engine is hot idles but when i push the throtle dies???

Why???

Sky 100 with WG8 carburetor

Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Try turning out ( anti clockwise) the lo jet screw 1/4 of a turn to richen the mixture it my runn a little rougher on tick over but should get rid of the flat spot.