Welcome to the Scottish Borders Club

PilotTait

Hello Scotland!

Fantastic, a few of us from the Leicestershire Club were looking for somewhere to fly in Scotland. :D

Where abouts are you? We'll show you ours if you show us yours :P

Hi Martin & welcome,

I'm currently just a few miles away from you over the border in Kielder, my ambition is to do some cross country flights in my homeland - the North Tyne valley so may give you a call one day :D once I can get my kit up here (can't fit family and motor in the car :( ) have to keep an eye out for the low flying jets though - plus the big guns were firing at Otterburn today so don't fancy straying over the ranges !! Better do my NOTAM homework :wink:

Geordie born and bred, just moved south to make a better living - used to be a forest ranger based in Kielder Castle before taking my current job.

My folks live at Stannersburn (Just below the Dam wall) and my wifes folks are in Kielder so we come up a fair bit, it's the best place in the UK to get away from it all, no mobile signal, no channel 5, no DAB radio, 56K broadband, loads of ba$tard midgies but fresh air and no traffic jams.

- plus the big guns were firing at Otterburn today so don't fancy straying over the ranges !! Better do my NOTAM homework :wink:

AS90.

Crew 5

Length 9.07m

Height to turret roof 2.49m

Width 3.5m

Ground clearance 0.41m

Main armament 1 x L31 39-calibre ordnance

Ammunition carried 48 x 155mm rounds

Secondary armament 1 x 7.62 GPMG on turret for air defence.

Engine Cummins VTA903T turbocharged V8 660bhp diesel.

We can Av Um!

SW :D

Edited by Guest

Those are the buggers, we are miles away but the windows rattle when they fire, sounds like thunder, nice to know they are on your side :)

To the south of my location by a few miles is Spadeadam range where the top secret Blue Streak missile was developed, would be amazing to fly over (subject to permission) as "apparently" there are loads of interesting targets dotted around......

wreck6.jpg

wreck15.jpg

Lots of low flying round here, was once unlucky enough to watch a Tornado plough through the woods behind our house, both crew lost their lifes but strangely that was what first got me interested in aviation, that and several flights in a SAR Seaking to recover documents and flight equipment that we had found after the military seach had been concluded.