Farnborough 2010

dantheman

Obviously check your NOTAM's this week as the airshow takes quite a chunk of our airspace.

If you are heading over this is a rough list of the daily flying display:

Monday: 1.30pm to 4pm

The Blades aerobatics team, Airbus A380 airliner, Airbus A400M military transport, C27J Spartan military transport, M346 fighter jet trainer, BAE Typhoon fighter, RAF Typhoon fighter, F-22 US fighter, F-18 US fighter, F-16 US fighter, C130J Hercules military transport, Sukhoi Superjet 100 passenger jet, Red Devils parachute display team, Hawker Hurricane WWII fighter, Viking Twin Otter 400 seaplane, Sentinel R1 patrol aircraft, Unmanned aerial vehicles (before flying display).

Tuesday: 2.15pm to 4.45pm

Boeing 787 Dreamliner, The Blades aerobatics team, Airbus A380 airliner, Airbus A400M military transport, C27J Spartan military transport, M346 fighter jet trainer, BAE Typhoon fighter, RAF Typhoon fighter, F-22 US fighter, F-18 US fighter, F-16 US fighter, C130J Hercules military transport, Sukhoi Superjet 100 passenger jet, Red Devils parachute display team, Hawker Hurricane WWII fighter, Viking Twin Otter 400 seaplane, Sentinel R1 patrol aircraft, Unmanned aerial vehicles (before flying display).

Wednesday: 2.15pm to 4.45pm

The Blades aerobatics team, Airbus A380 airliner, Airbus A400M military transport, C27J Spartan military transport, M346 fighter jet trainer, BAE Typhoon fighter, RAF King Air twin-engine trainer, B-52 US bomber, F-18 US fighter, F-16 US fighter, C130J Hercules military transport, Sukhoi Superjet 100 passenger jet, Red Devils parachute display team, Vulcan bomber, Viking Twin Otter 400 seaplane, Sentinel R1 patrol aircraft, Unmanned aerial vehicles (before flying display).

Thursday: 2.15pm to 4.45pm

The Blades aerobatics team, Airbus A380 airliner, Airbus A400M military transport, C27J Spartan military transport, M346 fighter jet trainer, BAE Typhoon fighter, RAF King Air twin-engine trainer, B-52 US bomber, F-18 US fighter, F-16 US fighter, C130J Hercules military transport, Red Devils parachute display team, Viking Twin Otter 400 seaplane, Sentinel R1 patrol aircraft, Unmanned aerial vehicles (before flying display).

Friday: 1.30pm to 5pm

RAF Red Arrows, The Blades aerobatics team, Airbus A380 airliner, C27J Spartan military transport, M346 fighter jet trainer, BAE Typhoon fighter, RAF King Air twin-engine trainer, F-18 US fighter, F-16 US fighter, C130J Hercules military transport, Army historic flight, Red Devils parachute display team, Hawk T1 jet trainer, Me109/Spitfire WWII fighter display, Extra 330 aerobatics display, Vulcan bomber, Hawker Hurricane WWII fighter, Viking Twin Otter 400 seaplane, Schools rocket challenge (before flying display).

Saturday: 12.30pm to 5.30pm

RAF Red Arrows, The Blades aerobatics team, Airbus A380 airliner, C27J Spartan military transport, M346 fighter jet trainer, BAE Typhoon fighter, RAF King Air twin-engine trainer, F-18 US fighter, F-16 US fighter, B-52 US bomber, C130J Hercules military transport, Army historic flight, Navy historic flight, Seafire WWII fighter, Great Warbird Team, Catalina WWII seaplane, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Red Devils parachute display team, RAF Chinook helicopter, Hawk T1 jet trainer, Me109/Spitfire WWII fighter display, Extra 330 aerobatics display, Vulcan bomber, Hawker Hurricane WWII fighter, Viking Twin Otter 400 seaplane.

Sunday: 12.30pm to 5.30pm

RAF Red Arrows, The Blades aerobatics team, Airbus A380 airliner, C27J Spartan military transport, M346 fighter jet trainer, BAE Typhoon fighter, RAF King Air twin-engine trainer, F-18 US fighter, F-16 US fighter, B-52 US bomber, C130J Hercules military transport, Army historic flight, Navy historic flight, Seafire WWII fighter, Great Warbird Team, Catalina WWII seaplane, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Red Devils parachute display team, RAF Chinook helicopter, Hawk T1 jet trainer, Me109/Spitfire WWII fighter display, Extra 330 aerobatics display, Vulcan bomber, Hawker Hurricane WWII fighter, Viking Twin Otter 400 seaplane.

Pics so far:

Farnborough2010-01.jpg

Farnborough2010-03.jpg

Farnborough2010-04.jpg

I used to live on the farnborough approach and this is an awesome time of year for aviation. Best areas for a free view include military land at the end of the runway where they filmed the hovercraft bit in one of the bond films, another great place is my old hack garden. For reference , the dead sparrows formate on the hogs back.

Tj.

Great pics Dan - especially the one of the C-27J ! Have you been camped out near Farnborough?

We are not too many clicks from Farnborough airport here, and the skies have been VERY busy in the last few days. We had what looked like a C-17 Globemaster come over as we were having a BBQ last night - an awesome sight !

In 2008, we were bang on the final approach as the planes came down over the Pirbright Ranges & Deepcut. The Red Arrows came over in formation a few times, but were so fast and so low that I never managed to get a picture from my back garden :oops:

But we at least got to see them when attending the show the following weekend...

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9MNN46eTA[/youtubevideo]

Unfortunately won't be able to attend this year, but looking forward to seeing some of the hardware flying overhead.

Andy

Great pics Dan - especially the one of the C-27J ! Have you been camped out near Farnborough?

yup, there is a roundabout on Elles road (in the industrial estate) thats centered right under the jet display path, they are pretty much directly overhead during the high energy manouvres, here are a couple I took from 2008.....

farn2008-4.jpg

farn2008-1.jpg

Awesome pics again Dan - which explains all the din overhead today :D

Do you work over in Farnborough, or are you just taking some time off work to loiter on the roundabout and get some more great photos ?

If the latter, text me and I'll bring down some refreshments... :wink:

Andy

Do you work over in Farnborough, or are you just taking some time off work to loiter on the roundabout and get some more great photos ?

If the latter, text me and I'll bring down some refreshments... :wink:

Andy

Thanks, I'm on call so between customer visits I park in the housing estate and take my camping chair & camera to the Elles Rd roundabout, could have killed an ice cold beer ;)

Thanks, I'm on call so between customer visits I park in the housing estate and take my camping chair & camera to the Elles Rd roundabout, could have killed an ice cold beer ;)
:D:D:D

Oh well, sorry I can't be of service - but do keep the pics coming.

Tomorrow should be good for heavier machinery; Airbus A380, military transports - Airbus A400M, C27J, and C130J Hercules plus the Boeing 787 Dreamliner...

Talking of heavy machinery, I got my wing back today! Thanks again...

Andy

Good to meet you down there yesterday Dan, thanks for posting the details.

The roundabout is an excellent viewing spot. Even if somone doesn't like planes, they couldn't help but be impressed with looking up the afterburner(s) of the F16 Hornet and F18 Super Hornet a it climbs straight up from 200 to 2000 feet! :shock:

Stuart.