Hard to post..

Simon.

Thanks for your pointers. I tend to agree with them all, although I get the impression that you think it's me in the video. I cannot speak Italian, especially with an American accent, and I have a little more hair on top :wink:

This is just a vid I found on YouTube and sort of liked the idea, although as you say, the throttle would need to be already on the floor.

Cheers

Dan

Get a loop long enough to go on the prop down around the bottom of the frame and back up to the front top of the harness.

Hook it on to the top of the frame or some where similar, start the engine when warm take it off at the front and shake it loose from the prop.

you do not have to go around or get anywhere near the prop when the engine is running.

You could have this set up so that you do not release it until you are ready for to take off.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the cause of my shoulder injury.

I've been trying to understand how my shoulder met the propeller, through the so-called safety netting. I replaced the prop and tried with considerable force to get the netting and prop to meet (engine off, of course). More specifically I tried to get the prop to touch the cable ties, because 5 of them dissapeared during the accident and I assumed the prop had sheared them off. I couldn't do it, so I tried to re-enact what happened at the time, pushing my shoulder against the webbing, and all became clear. Without much force at all, the cable ties went pop, pop, pop, leaving a gaping hole through which my shoulder went.

When I checked the cable ties, I noticed that the excess plastic had been trimmed leaving nothing sticking out. I assume to make it look neat and to help to prevent lines getting snagged. However, the clasp has only one notch. If it slips over this notch it comes away.

I have now doubled up on all of my cable ties and left a half an inch sticking out for added safety.

Cheers

Dan

Just a quick update on the cause of my shoulder injury.

I've been trying to understand how my shoulder met the propeller, through the so-called safety netting. I replaced the prop and tried with considerable force to get the netting and prop to meet (engine off, of course). More specifically I tried to get the prop to touch the cable ties, because 5 of them dissapeared during the accident and I assumed the prop had sheared them off. I couldn't do it, so I tried to re-enact what happened at the time, pushing my shoulder against the webbing, and all became clear. Without much force at all, the cable ties went pop, pop, pop, leaving a gaping hole through which my shoulder went.

When I checked the cable ties, I noticed that the excess plastic had been trimmed leaving nothing sticking out. I assume to make it look neat and to help to prevent lines getting snagged. However, the clasp has only one notch. If it slips over this notch it comes away.

I have now doubled up on all of my cable ties and left a half an inch sticking out for added safety.

Cheers

Dan

You have to use the correct cable ties, they have a metal tag inside not the plastic bit.

As you have found out!!!!

You have to use the correct cable ties, they have a metal tag inside not the plastic bit.

As you have found out!!!!

Pete, I wish the solution was that simple. The cable ties in use are, as you described, the type with the metal tag.

They failed.... as I found out!!!!