How do I make my website top of the page on google?

tommcb6016

I have been working on a website for my wife as she is doing a degree in photography and wants to start earning some money along the way.

I have been working on it for a few weeks (from complete beginner) and am getting there with the site, it's still a bit rough around the edges but I'm still learning :-)http://www.clairemcbridephotography.com

What I want to figure out is how to get it to the top of the google search when i put in things like

"Banbury photography" or "Oxfordshire wedding" and so on ?

I have been submitting on google.co.uk/addurl for a few days but was after any other top tips people may have??

Cheers,

Tom :D

The site doesn't have any meta tags, these are essential and it's how search engines index your site.

Go to www.submitexpress.com and use

the meta tag generator to create your meta tags. Select your keywords and description carefully, try to make them as specific as possible.

Once you have created your meta tags, pasted them between the

tags of your index page. Make sure you also change the title of your index page, at the moment it's home, change it to something more descriptive, like Banbury wedding photography

Also write a short (250-500 words) descriptive introduction (perhaps under the main photo) on your index page on what the site/service is all about.

When you have done all of the above, upload the changes to your server and use the meta tag analyzer to see how your site now looks and performs. Tweak if necessary to optimise the sites performance.

The next time Google crawls your site it will read the meta tags and know what the site is about and index it accordingly.

There is more that can be done but this will definitely help your site ranking.

Hope this helps

Joe

I don't spend any money at all on any of my google advertising. The point of Self SEO is that you don't spend money on advertising.

The % of people that click paid links on google is not even close to the number who click the 'organic' links because the content is more likely to be accurate.

SW :D

The site doesn't have any meta tags, these are essential and it's how search engines index your site.

Go to www.submitexpress.com and use

the meta tag generator to create your meta tags. Select your keywords and description carefully, try to make them as specific as possible.

Once you have created your meta tags, pasted them between the

tags of your index page. Make sure you also change the title of your index page, at the moment it's home, change it to something more descriptive, like Banbury wedding photography

Also write a short (250-500 words) descriptive introduction (perhaps under the main photo) on your index page on what the site/service is all about.

When you have done all of the above, upload the changes to your server and use the meta tag analyzer to see how your site now looks and performs. Tweak if necessary to optimise the sites performance.

The next time Google crawls your site it will read the meta tags and know what the site is about and index it accordingly.

There is more that can be done but this will definitely help your site ranking.

Hope this helps

Joe

Thanks for that Joe that's great info :-) I made a start but still have more to do on the keyword side and still need to put an introduction on the index page.

Simon thanks for the link :-) I don't really understand why that helps but thanks anyway :-)

Cheers

Tom

Google your desired key words,

Right click on the home page of the one at the top, and select 'view source' somewhere close to the top of the text you see will be keywords & description.

Pinch them and put them on your site code, in the same place.

Thats about the most valuable tip for the early days. Then find your site on google (whatever keywords it takes to find it somewhere) and see what part of your site google is reading (the few lines of text under the actual link) then go to your site and change the text that google is already reading to the keywords you want.

They are two of the 20 odd things that make up my weekly google activity.

If you focus on that, you will see good results quickly. ( and for FREE )

SW :D