Inventive Mind?

Ladies and gents,

The Bak-Rak demonstrated first in the video is a fantastic idea. My good lady wife has stopped complaining about petrol smells in the car and I don't have to dismantle my frame every time I want to move it!

I've just completed a deal with the manufacturer. They've agreed an arrangement with us. The list price is £94 (including p&p). Club members get a £10 discount and £5 is donated to club funds.

So, for £74 + £15p&p (£89 in total) you get a really simple way of moving your motor on anything with a tow hitch and the club gets a useful contribution too.

Just let me have your order and I'll arrange everything.

I'll be posting some pictures in s separate thread in a couple of days.

Stuart.

Nice one Stuart,

Been using mine for 10 months now. Nice bit of kit with(as you say) no more petrol smells in the car. You can cruise at motorway speeds with no problem at all. I found mine seemed to travel better with the prop facing the car. The only other other thing I did was put a bungee cord to stop the prop rotating at speed. Remeber to add your number plate to the rack as the rig obscures the car plates. You can see the rear car lights through the cage so no problem there. Nothing to stop you doing the whole electrical jobbie if you want though.

Bendme

Stuart, I'd be interested in a Bak-Rak. I've had a modified bike carrier for a while but it is just too flexible and I can't use it for carb tuning like this can. Is it really as solid under full power as it looks?

Hi V23nb,

Yes it is solid. There is bolt that you tighten up on the ball joint. If that is really tight you should have no problems. The only thing you will have to add is a wooden board for the bottom of the rack. This makes it quite difficult to tighten the tow ball bolt, so a long extension bar on a socket is advisable.

It helps to strap the motor on from the rack. Standing up is much easier then(especially at my age!). Hope this helps.

Bendme

Stuart, I'd be interested in a Bak-Rak. I've had a modified bike carrier for a while but it is just too flexible and I can't use it for carb tuning like this can. Is it really as solid under full power as it looks?

I haven't tried running the motor on the back of the car yet but I'm sure it would be fine. It copes really well tanking down the motorway at 70 (honest officer) :wink: It is really useful when you've walked miles across a field carrying your motor and you just want to put it down without ending up on the floor. There it is at just the right height to set everything down on.

Here is a picture of my RAD Javelin sitting on the Bak-Rak and strapped down ready for the drive home. I've used a couple of 3m webbing straps from my local watersports store, normally used for strapping a kayak to the roof.

rbr1.jpg

And another with a lower angle view of the mount...

rbr3.jpg

Finally, just to show versatility, we have Simon's Parajet sitting pretty:

pbr1.jpg

One thing that is worth noting is that the RAD has a larger base and so sits across several of the struts of the Rak. The Parajet is narrower and so sits on fewer struts. Adding a simple piece of ply will spread the load and make the Parajet more secure whilst being transported.

Next time we're going to see if either the RAD or Parajet can move 2.5 tonnes of Volvo :roll:

Send me a PM with contact details and let's get the orders rolling.

Stuart