J bar versus comfort bar

bignos

Yes I have enough experience of both. Comfort bar every time. Easier to live with and will hold a higher resale value in the UK as well. CB can be flown with brake handles set up for low hook in (in most installations) so you don't have to change the brake height for use with a typical ground handling harness, etc!

The floating J bar tends to flop about a bit when you are trying to set up how to hold the risers for a launch whereas the comfort bar system leaves the crabs in the most obvious uncluttered place. No chance of getting the riser hooked under the arm like on a swing arm machine. Personally I tend to set up a CB system with the crabs lower than manufacturers generally suggest (sometimes even 15-20cm lower!) I keep the distance from the frame the same (which preserves the lean back angle) but shorten the sdjustable straps from the front of the comfort bar up to the crab. This lowers the hang point bringing everything down to a really nice height (hence using the low hang point brake position), makes the trims very easy to reach (and you can also tip steer direct on the stabilo lines if you wish) and puts the thrust line very close to the attachments. It also does give you an increased amount of weight shift ability. Also the brakes will now sit at a height that are easy to reach but allow vastly improved control of the latter part of the flare for landing. Mid hang points are the best kept secret in paramotoring.

valuable advice, thanks. I admit, one of my machines (that i bought second hand) has the comfort bar system and when i flew it i was very impressed (until the silencer fell apart and took out the prop!!), the anti torque system worked very well

I feel for you with your search for equipment. I can understand why you chose the machines you did but unfortunately Fly Products seem to suffer from build quality and Walkerjet no longer seem to be supported by anyone in the UK and dealing with the manufacturer seems an impossibility. I believe it is the FB Monster that you are going to now. I think it is a Synthesis 34 wing you use right? You are used to hauling heavy machines and the 34 is a big wing to pull up on a no wind forward (power it up with the Monster perhaps) but if you can cope with this I think they are the very best combination available to you. After all your reliability woes I hope you will find the FB so reliable it's almost boring!

well, the fly products was just a stop gap machine, big on power. i am thinking of keeping it for a while until the monster arrives, but the walkerjet....well....

They say that your second motor is the better choice so if i buy a new Fresh Breeze hopefully so, you just dont think about these things when you buy first time round, still older and wiser now!!