Sleeping bag sorted!!

neilc

Went into Town this afternoon to the North Face store in Covent Garden......

Got myself a Polar Flare sleeping bag :D . I got talking to a bloke in the store who's been on various mountain expeditions and has used this bag down to -35 degree's!! :D with no problems at all. He said he had to use thermals, but was toastie and warm, so should be plenty good enough in France!!

The bag compresses down nice and small, and as you can see in the pics, when in its sack is only as tall as a soft drinks bottle.

Nearly there with all my kit, roll on the 1st!! :D:D:dive::dive:

Neil.. :D2.jpg.32938d6cc16b78d395c0e2b0352ebbbe.j

573363f97f7f3_DSC00319(Small).JPG.02709a

573363f9831e5_DSC00320(Small).JPG.c22fbb

573363f98d9fb_DSC00321(Small).JPG.d36121

573363f99cf99_DSC00322(Small).JPG.6c910e

573363f9b6660_DSC00323(Small).JPG.67fe9c

Got myself a Polar Flare sleeping bag :D . I got talking to a bloke in the store who's been on various mountain expeditions and has used this bag down to -35 degree's!! :D with no problems at all. He said he had to use thermals, but was toastie and warm, so should be plenty good enough in France!!

The bag compresses down nice and small, and as you can see in the pics, when in its sack is only as tall as a soft drinks bottle.

Neil.. :D[attachment=5]DSC00315 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSC00319 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSC00320 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSC00321 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSC00322 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSC00323 (Small).JPG[/attachment]

Neil, how much was it? Does it come in sizes i.e. medium / large?

I dont think we will be experiencing that type of cold............................gulp.....will we Simon?

Mike

Adv temps for our time of year will be.....

+5 to +8 during the night.

And +18 to +20 during the day.

It will be toasty, don't forget we have Pete to warm us up :explode:

The best tip I can give apart from the obvious with regards to keeping warm is to get a 1 man tent. The smaller the tent the warmer it will be. this can vary as much as 5c either way!!

SW :D

Neil.. :D[attachment=5]DSC00315 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSC00319 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSC00320 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSC00321 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSC00322 (Small).JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSC00323 (Small).JPG[/attachment]

Hi Mike,

I think they may do the bag in a medium length..... My one's the long and it's got loads of room in it (I'm fairly large build - 5' 11" And 15 stone).

As regards the cost they're a bit pricey, I paid £400......I think you may be able to get one for a bit less on the net... I made a few phone calls, but most outlets don't stock them and have to order them in (4-6 week wait I was told!!). That's why I went direct to North Face.

Neil.. :D

Neil, how much was it? Does it come in sizes i.e. medium / large?

I dont think we will be experiencing that type of cold............................gulp.....will we Simon?

Mike