Skywalk Scotch weight (problem)

kbelcar

Hello

I recently bought the Skywalk Scotch (L) Large (free flight DHV 1-2 100-130kg), (DULV Certified Engine 100 up to 150kg) http://www.skywalk.info/Content/107/?mnid=337 !

My weight is 90 kg, a total with motor about 130 kg (with fuel)!

Will I have problems with that wing because I have only 123-130kg total, until now i flew an Apco presta (L) DHV 1-2 105-130kg, with no problems!

I read that it is best to fly an PPG on the maximum of weight range for that wing?

What problems occur when flying at the minimum weight prescribed for a wing? What is better?

Does anyone flying Scotch and what is your opinion on this wing?

Thank you very much

Your fine on this wing at your weight......

Ive got a Scotch medium I fly it at 110kg all up..........its an awsome wing super nimble super safe

my fusion is a ...Slug compared to the Scotch.....it will run rings around it .....its in a different league......problem is it is not a quick wing......and you end up going backwards in a good breeze

this is where the Fusion wins........horses for courses.......if I am messing about on a light wind day its the one I pick everytime.......I Love it :)

Ditto ....simon has a good point... :)

take off in the slow postion....unless its blowin 10+ mph then let the trimmers off ie the fast position....if you let them off when you are flying there is quite a bit of weight on them.......they slide through the cam ...quick....but nothing bad will happen ....but you have to pull quite hard to get them back to land (with your finger) .....this is unlike my reflex wing .....in which there is very little presure/weight... on the trimmer......if you fit a speed bar you need very strong leg muscles

I carnt hold it for long but then my legs are crap....

the wing is solid in the air its my cup of tea....I flew it in quite turbulent and windy conditions back to back with a ozone roadster which was front tucking..and did not inspire any confidence....and it was still rock solid no sign of any misbehaviour

it is a hands on wing though ...and you might be suprised just how quick it turns.. :D

No big pulls on the brakes..to start with :P ( I would just like it to go quicker )

has yours got a split a ...riser.......as some of the early ones didnt...

pps I want to get my hands on a new venom...... :mrgreen:

OK, thanks for the responses! I hope I will enjoy in the wing!

Garyfreefly - how best to use trimmers (take-off, in the air, when landing?)

Are trimmers dangerous and which are the benefits of tightening and releasing the trimmer?

Thank you

Looking at the questions you are asking I would advise you not to take off at all until you have spent some time with an instructor.

Your choice tho.

Good luck.

Whitters.

Looking at the questions you are asking I would advise you not to take off at all until you have spent some time with an instructor.

Your choice tho.

Good luck.

Whitters.

Whitters, I have a license for paragliding but we have no PPG schools (yet) in Croatia as well as an instructor for the PPG!

--> but thanks for the advice

kbelcar