Throttle

bignos

ive just bought yet another paramotor in my quest for the best for the fat bloke. But its throttle is a crap design, its got the cut off in an inaccessible place (its a 4 yr old fly products) i would like it to have - throttle with cruise control, start/stop buttons, isolator and low fuel light

ive just bought yet another paramotor in my quest for the best for the fat bloke. But its throttle is a crap design, its got the cut off in an inaccessible place (its a 4 yr old fly products) i would like it to have - throttle with cruise control, start/stop buttons, isolator and low fuel light

Too big for my hands :D

Any one else?

Make your own from either a section of push bike handle bar, or a 'bar end' type grip off a mountain bike. A small push bike stubby brake lever gives you the throttle, and a little ingenuity, and possibly a mate with a lathe can custom fit buttons and lights. For cruise control, I use a largish 'o' ring looped over the grip that can be hooked onto the throttle. Moving it along the length of the throttle lever provides varying tension/throttle setting. In an emergency there is no restriction on gunning full throttle.

Phil

lol, you sound like my wife!! she said 'you have only just sold one and you go and buy another!"

its an old fly products with a 313cc engine thats "Engine Model- MZ 34 (313cc):

This is the most powerful engine ever produced for Powered Paragliders and the most dependable as well"

so i thought that i would buy it & fly it then decide if it was! and anyway i need to get flying again because good old walkerjet will not respond to my order for £600 of parts!!! how do you run a company like that?!

any idea when i can have that xl harness? hope the old simo is flying up to expectations!

I am at the airport bored - I will fish the Harness out later, when I get home, assuming we don't faceplant.

The Simonini was lovely with the 122 prop - looking forward to noticing the difference with the 130cm prop which is at home.

it purred along very nicely.

Speak soon.

the harness will fit no problem

Simon