new flying site essex

outkast

as I hopefully will come back from a week with Alex in Spain at Sky school airborne and an essex dweller (sorry) where is it??!!

Hello dmh, a couple of us are going to be flying the site for a few weeks to see how things pan out, as long as we dont get any complaints we will know we can use it long term, PM me once you are airbourne and i will let you know the details, sorry to be a bit "secret squirrell" but its early days yet, :wink:

Cheers, Dave.

PS: where in essex are you based?

will do outkast. I get back mid oct. Totally understand re keeping it under cover - I guess sites are valuable commodities!

PS I am Braintree based

Quite, I have known the owner for a while and he is the type of person who while keen for us to use it would throw us off in a heartbeat should anyone act like a twat or annoy any surrounding farms.

you ar not very far from it at all in braintree :D

Dave.

Hello Dave. Im also an Essex dweller . Me and my mate fly reguarly and would be very interested. Ive found it very hard to get a 'grass' site . i have an airstrip but is very dependent on wind direction so most of my flying has been from short stubble fields which are huge but more than adequate and right next to the blackwater estuary which makes for extremely scienic flying.. If you could let me know if all goes well with your site i would love to come along. Nick

Hello Dave. Im also an Essex dweller . Me and my mate fly reguarly and would be very interested. Ive found it very hard to get a 'grass' site . i have an airstrip but is very dependent on wind direction so most of my flying has been from short stubble fields which are huge but more than adequate and right next to the blackwater estuary which makes for extremely scienic flying.. If you could let me know if all goes well with your site i would love to come along. Nick

No problem Nick :D

Dave

PM me when you get a chance dave? Well done on getting a site

Cheers mate, I am really hoping this all comes together as the site has great potential, it has 2 large fields, one stretching north to south and the other east to west so it should take any wind direction, plus a cafe, toilets and camping allowed at any time.

Dave