Parajet Macro Different engine

learner_driver

Hi All,

this question I was going to ask of Pete B however, one way and another I never got the chance to ask him at the flyin. Rather than ring Pete, I thought the forum may appreciate the information.

question

Can I stick a more powerful engine on my Macro frame ?

will it be an easy swap?

how much is a http://www.simonini-flying.com/mini2evo_eng.htm,

are there any secondhand ones available? if so where

My macro is fine but I am running at 90% rpm for straight and level.

I would prefer that were 70%, I love power too :D

does anyone have any other suggestions

thanks Simon

Hi All,

this question I was going to ask of Pete B however, one way and another I never got the chance to ask him at the flyin. Rather than ring Pete, I thought the forum may appreciate the information.

question

Can I stick a more powerful engine on my Macro frame ? YES

will it be an easy swap? yes

how much is a http://www.simonini-flying.com/mini2evo_eng.htm,

are there any secondhand ones available? if so where No Im looking

My macro is fine but I am running at 90% rpm for straight and level.

I would prefer that were 70%, I love power too :D

does anyone have any other suggestions We need to have a serious look at your engine(or parajet do) as it does not seem to be producing full power

thanks Simon

Simon

Evo's about 2 grand. Get a lighter frame to put it in though. It's a touch heavier than the mini 2 and you'd soon end up building yourself something so heavy, your knees would walk out on strike.

How heavy are you? (if you dont mind me asking!! :oops: )

Dave

I weigh a slim = 127kg

wing = 10 kg

reserve = 5KG

clothes instr = 3 KG

motor dry = 28 KG

total = 173 KG

cheers Pete, I just need to wait for a secondhand one to turn up.

I did see the black devil for sale at £1200 on some microlight site

but will no doubt produce a similar power to mine.

My thoughts on motors are that I love my parajet, it revs out fine up to max rpm but there is not enough thrust to keep me up at 70% power. I love the machine otherwise starts first time every time.

I am alas operating in the fuel inefficient mode for an engine all the time and cannot deal with heavy sink by using the throttle.

Has anyone ever got much more from a different prop without hurting the engine.

Also getting up I prefer an aggressive clib rate rather than a powerline flirty type one :wink:

Macey - its Simon I met you in the car park and bought your revo. I sold it and bought the 42sq metre Cabrio :shock:

Perhaps I have more wind resitance than you.

Ok. I get the picture Simon. I would definately be recommending the 200 Simmo. It will be more suited to you, as you're a solid chap, desiring economy and better climb rate. Just fly one and preferably with a 130 prop. Does the bizz. You could get a more efficient wing but you might loose speed. Is that a Synth Cabrio 42 ? just guessing

yes the synth is surprisingly faster than my revolution. The key point is that I was maxxed on the rpm on that too.

even with the trims in on the synth I cruise at 6800 RPM which is still very high but better than the revo as you would expect as it only had 30 sq M.

I am in no hurry, as everything works fine but all petrolheads will naturally gravite towards more power. Just bought a 300BHP 1.2 tonne car. Its much safer for overtaking :mrgreen:

ahh... hi simon..

theres not much difference in us 2 im sure... silly question but have you changed prop and got the wrong reduction drive on??

i have more than enough power for my slender figure!! lol..

if not --- sell it and get a flat top! im seriously heading that way -- either that or a rotron.. but dont fancy the waiting time for the rotron.

Indeed , The "Pink Thruster" is dead (again)

Long live the errrrrrrrr "Black Intruder" :twisted:

should be together by next weekend with new frame and all, No more half arsed take-off`s with zero reserve power for me :acro:

Cheers for the tip-off by the way Simon...

Colin B