Unmarked Kent Police Motorbike

irm750

Just a quick word of warning to anyone coming to or through Kent.

I saw a very un-marked police bike today. A standard looking Suzuki GSXR1000 with a blue tank cover, flashing lights hidden in the front of the mirrors and on the side of the rear light pod! The copper was dressed like a normal biker too in 2 piece black leathers with a GSXR fleece over the top.

Sneaky ba***rds!

Ian.

Just a quick word of warning to anyone coming to or through Kent.

I saw a very un-marked police bike today. A standard looking Suzuki GSXR1000 with a blue tank cover, flashing lights hidden in the front of the mirrors and on the side of the rear light pod! The copper was dressed like a normal biker too in 2 piece black leathers with a GSXR fleece over the top.

Sneaky ba***rds!

Ian.

What gets me is that they claim they are trying to improve safety, not generate income. A police bike, with the rider in day-glos will slow down a lot more riders albeit for a fairly short period of time, than any 'Stealth' copper ever will.

If I wasn't so law abiding, I'm sure I would flash my headlights in the car at bikes if I knew there was a speed trap waiting for them. :twisted:

In truth I didn't need to be that eagle eyed.

He had pulled a biker over down a country lane and was lit up like a christmas tree!! He would be a lot harder to recognise without the lights flashing though.

Worse than not slowing the traffic down as a fully day-glowed cop bike undoubtedly would, there have been reports of the unmarked bikes goading other bikers into riding faster! Completely counter to the official mission statement from the police of improving road safety.

Apparentley they also use a Honda Fireblade. Sounds like toys for the boys, they'll be getting paramotors soon like the Americans! Lets hope they do, then they will be sitting waiting for the wind to calm down like us!!!

Ian.