Getting there slowly.

sam

As some of you may be aware I am trying to get some second hand paramotor gear together on a rather tight budget, 2 kids, wife, mortgage etc....

I have just managed to get myself a RAD Arrow for £1000 which I thought was reasonably priced (open to comments if you think this was good or not)

I am now looking to purchase a wing. Nothing too elaborate as long as it is safe, gets me up(and down again) and has no damage/repairs.

Would be interested if anyone has any good sugestions for wing manufactures/type suitable for a beginner.

If anyone has one knocking about that they want to sell cheaply to get some air back in it I would be most grateful. Got to leave some money aside for training so nothing too expensive.

looking forward to flying with some of you in the near future.

Sam

One thing that I have noticed is that secondhand reflex wings go for a lot of money!

If you are on a budget you will probably be better off with a non reflex wing. Dhv 1 or a low 1-2.

I recently sold a very good Advance Alpha 3, recent service, for £450. so you should be able pick something up for a reasonable price. So long as any repairs have been carried out properly ( The Loft, Aerofix) it should be fine and may be reflected in the price you pay.

I have flown a RAD Arrow overweight on a wing that was a size too small and I got off and flew around OK.

Do you know what size wing you need? How much do you weigh?

• 2 weeks later...

Sam,

I have a Nemo I am thinking of off loading? But not sure yet?

I bought it off my instructor when learning to fly late last year.

Kids stuff forward launching and rock solid!! Easy controlling. Its a beginners wing.

I am just about to go on a Revolution so wont be needing the wing anymore.

Let me know if interested?

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

Sorry it's been so long getting back to you but as I am not rich enough to retire and paramotor all day I had to go away for work.

I would be very interested, what sort of price were you thinking?

Sam :explode:

Great confidence booster for newbies!