Tuning

bignos

Cheers Pete

Hadn't seen that one. I was wandering how I could make the low mixture screw "inflight adjustable". Really handy if you're trying to stretch the fuel. I suppose I'd better get a temp guage now then ?

Bignos

When I ran one I used Syntol which was posted to me by Paul Deakin. Synthetic with high spec.

Edited by Guest

Cheers Pete

Hadn't seen that one. I was wandering how I could make the low mixture screw "inflight adjustable". Really handy if you're trying to stretch the fuel. I suppose I'd better get a temp guage now then ?

You could try adapting something like a speedo cable to fit on the low screw.

Pete b

ps why would you want to adjust the low screew in flight?

Couple of reasons Pete

I seldom start my engine unless it's on my back these days, even though my prop is well guarded, I try to set an example to those with exposed props. So tis handy to just reach through the port , whilst strapped in, and adjust if neccessary.

Also, the low screw is chiefly responsible for the mixture, below and during mid revs, which is where I achieve level cruise. If done during flight the engine is pressumeably up to working temperature. Pain having to land. Difference in fuel consumption can be as much as 1 litre per hour.

Please dont all be screwing your screws in, to try to achieve 3.3 litres per hour, and melting pistons. Not all wings and motors will achieve it. If you're not sure, enlist the help of someone who is.

This might give you some ideas. http://www.aerocorsair.com/id154.htm This is from Alex Varv`s site. He has got a few ideas on the invention page. I have always thought about inflight carb adjustment! as when I was Kart racing, it was common practice to adjust low & high continually throughout a race, to get absolute peek performance. I also remember several seized engines :lol::lol: [/url]