Radios from Mission Everest.

All,

I have just bought a box of 6 radios. 3 from the Skycar Trip (as mentioned before) and 3 from the Mission Everest Expedition.

Offers in excess of £60 per Radio works for me.

I will bring them to the flag pole, they will be sold on a first come first serve.

SW :D

I would be interested in an airband radio if they are one of the approved ones!

Cheers

Mark

Mark, I think that you'll find that all the 'approved' (if by that you mean have CAA type approval for installation in an aircraft) sets, are older variants. Specifically the older ICOM sets have approval, but ICOM themselves have decided not to pursue type approval as it is too costly for the limited marke, on their current and future models (and that's from the ICOM UK MD).

That said, as long as you operate an airband in the correct manner, I doubt anyone will ever concern themselves with whether it has type approval. The same goes for whether an individual has his FRTL.

Phil

Mark, I think that you'll find that all the 'approved' (if by that you mean have CAA type approval for installation in an aircraft) sets, are older variants. Specifically the older ICOM sets have approval, but ICOM themselves have decided not to pursue type approval as it is too costly for the limited marke, on their current and future models (and that's from the ICOM UK MD).

That said, as long as you operate an airband in the correct manner, I doubt anyone will ever concern themselves with whether it has type approval. The same goes for whether an individual has his FRTL.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I'm anticipating taking my operators licence in the not too distant future.

You can ignore my previous caveat then Simon.

Cheers

Mark