Memory map

bathboy

Anyone know much about memory map? The boxed version I have (5.1.3) legally works on more than one PC/PDA/SD card, but the upgrade will only work on one PDA or SD card.

Has anyone upgraded as I'm strugggling to see the advantage? At the moment I can (legally) use all the memory maps I have on my PC/PDA and evaluate any that I don't own.

I'd like to know before I get the latest CAA map. My main use is for OS walking maps. So I don't want to lose the use of all the OS maps I already have.

Cheers

Paul

Anyone know much about memory map? The boxed version I have (5.1.3) legally works on more than one PC/PDA/SD card, but the upgrade will only work on one PDA or SD card.

Has anyone upgraded as I'm strugggling to see the advantage? At the moment I can (legally) use all the memory maps I have on my PC/PDA and evaluate any that I don't own.

I'd like to know before I get the latest CAA map. My main use is for OS walking maps. So I don't want to lose the use of all the OS maps I already have.

Cheers

Paul

Hve you asked MM themselves?

Pete b

Cheers

Paul

Hve you asked MM themselves?

Pete b

Yes, the FAQ and answer was I'd have to l have to re-register and lose multiple PDA/SD use.

My choice would be to stay as I am, have the Memory Map software on more than PDA/SD card AND have access to newer CAA maps.

Has anyone a later CAA map I can try this on?

Cheers

Paul

Interesting,

I was told a year ago (when I was selling it) that they were introducing some new security to prevent the many thousands of copies being passed around. (many in our industry)

Also, logging on with vista while running a dogie copy will soon alert them that you are using it which allows them to disable it 'live' by removing the key that it asks for every time you log on.

Not sure if its all in place yet, but I am sure this is the start.

I for one hate copied software, it's theft and nothing short.

SW :D

I also have a memory map but am looking to buy the latest VFR charts, my question is this, I have not installed the latest update as after reading on some forums that it has a bug and can cause some problems with MM, if I buy the latest VFR charts will they work with my older version of MM?

Dave