Pre Flight Check Disaster

Hi All,

I write this note as both a warning and a thankyou.

I have a one year old Parajet Macro :D, I have had great fun buzzing around the villages of Oxon and Bucks over the last year.

In February this year, I was tuning her up and was interrupted by the arrival of a friend, whilst putting the sparkplug back in with my fingers.

The next thing I know on a beautiful February afternoon after flying for an hour or so the engine stopped whilst in flight a couple of times. This has never happened before.

On checking the spark plug I notice it is undone and requires two complete revolutions to tighten it up. I then remember leaving it this way when my friend came round.

Next flight I make a forced landing as the motor cuts out. Colin is with me and quickly deduces I have fried the top of my piston / rings bore etc etc etc :(

It’s a sad moment for any flyer.

The moral of the story is PRE FLIGHT check your sparkplug.

I take it back to Parajet and hope that something may be salvaged from this engine.

To cut a long story short, I have just picked up the motor which has been spruced up and had a small mod to the harness attachment.

I went to pay and they said there is no cost. Totally unbelievable as I know it needed a rebore and piston etc. etc.

I can only say a huge thankyou to Parajet :D as I believe this was all my fault.

Happy Easter :D:D

Indeed a Big up to parajet! :D

And thats not me taking sides.... Love the look And the power, just cant carry the weight :( ...I fly a Backbone....But at the same time, Big ups to Thierry simonet at Backbone for sorting me a complete engine unit. Not free, but cheaper than the missus thinks! (Cheers, if you read this site) The pink thruster will live again!

Indeed a Big up to parajet! :D

And thats not me taking sides.... Love the look And the power, just cant carry the weight :( ...I fly a Backbone....But at the same time, Big ups to Thierry simonet at Backbone for sorting me a complete engine unit. Not free, but cheaper than the missus thinks! (Cheers, if you read this site) The pink thruster will live again!

Well done that man :D

Pete b