Extra fuel tanks (Post 10 litre rule change)

norbertflyer

Anyone know if there are already additional 5/10 litre tanks that can be retro fitted to paramotors? or if there's a supplier out there willing to fabricate?

I currently run on a 9 litre ali tank which is good for 1hr 55min of flying, but an extra hour or two would enable occasional extra length flying when I fancy it. Free space on the chassis is an issue though, as it would be on most designs.

Doesn't have to be ali, it can be plastic. Perhaps fitted to the shoulder of the main chassis where the cage connects. One five litre tank each side, but slim fitting, perhaps 50 cm long, 10 cm wide?

I have two fuel access points on the existing tank, plus breather/filler and engine feed.

Comments/ideas welcome, even if you think I'm insane.

cheers,

Richard

PAP do a 13 litre tank which was designed specifically for paramotor use. It is pricey, but attention to detail means it does a lot of things right (like being less likely to be hit by the prop than a generic tank, fuel outlet at the base of the tank and not discolouring with age). It costs £66.78 from sky dragons.

Hi Guys.

This is just a question, dont want to be a wet squid here, but if you modify your Paramotor with a new Fuel Tank, does that mean your insurance may not pay out, as it is not now "as manufactured and delivered"?

The fuel limit may be removed, but Insurance regulations may still apply with regard to non manufaturer modifications?

Just a thought.

Mikey

Hi Guys.

This is just a question, dont want to be a wet squid here, but if you modify your Paramotor with a new Fuel Tank, does that mean your insurance may not pay out, as it is not now "as manufactured and delivered"?

The fuel limit may be removed, but Insurance regulations may still apply with regard to non manufaturer modifications?

Just a thought.

Mikey

Simple answer to that is to notify them of the modification. I think they understand that few paramotors remain as standard, so I doubt there would be any issue.

Phil