Hello from Portugal

BRUTUS

I think we need to decide a few things.................

This year or new /early next year? What is the weather like then?

What is the general feeling re timings..........weekend, week etc?

Transport of kit? Will this involve paying someone, so the others have the luxury of flying to Lisbon etc etc.

I like you Phil have to appease the other half and no doubt bring 'er in doors' as well? I would love the camping but 'er in doors' wont!

I do like the idea of a family thang as well?!

Peoples general views etc would be good to hear so we can get a general idea/feel where this is heading?

Looking at the wind and lashing rain outside.........................................would go now at the drop of a hat........if only!!

Mike

Looks like we have 7-8 people interested. I was thinking of a Paramotoring trip and not a family outing (not that I have anything against families).

SW can you do a time before 14th January and if so, when?

Looks like we may have to arrange a meet with interested parties to see if we can work something out!

So far we have Mike, Leo, SW, Ben, Dave, Frazer, Phil and me showing interest.

Eddie

Hi all

I would be up for this but not till mid jan as i will be in canada... and i should have my kit by then i hope!!! so would be good to get in some flying time in on my new kit rather than just sit and look at it as the weather will be sh*t "new kit curse" and all that :lol:

The trouble with making it a paramotor only as opposed to a 'family' thing, is I would find it hard to justify the expense of a holiday just for myself, where proportionally, taking wife and or child doesn't add substantially to the cost.

We could always split into 'campers' and 'hotelers'. It would still provide the opportunity to do stuff like group BBQ's at a camp site, and maybe we could find one of the sites that have tents already set up for you

Given the distance, and the reality of someone having to drive to get the kit there, I think we have to be looking at at LEAST a week, and perhaps even ten days.

I wonder if those that fly in could hire a mini-bus to get everyone from airport to resort.

Haven't looked at expected weather for the region, but given the latitude, it would hopefully be at least 'pleasant'. with a projected date of sometime between mid Jan through to mid March.

Buy that man a beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can however come over on my tod, but I know 'she' wont be happy, so I am already forward planning and thinking there will be more trips in the pipe line and she wont want to come?! Well thats the plan!

I think we need to all agree on a date/time and go on from there?

Mike

how is everyone planning gettin there as the esiest option is to drive but it needs to be a week as said earlier i think the family thing might be the best to keep everyone happy but i am easy as to when to go but i will be up for it

Looks like this may need a bit more planning than was originally thought!

I have no problem with who goes, or wether we are camping or lodging I just want to fly.

I had thought that if someone was going to drive in a van then he could take all the gear (and a co driver) and the rest could get a flight to Lisbon (and cover the costs of the van).

Just a thought to keep the costs down.

Any other ideas?

Eddie

need to be a big van lorry lol as most are up for this lot of gear for one van i wouldnt mind drivin there but who has a van big enough standard transir size i cant see more than five machines with wings in it?

Yep, I really don't see space being an issue to be honest. I can't imagine (although it would be nice) that there will be loads and loads of people able/wanting to go. Even in a sprinter, or big enough trailer you'd get a good few in. Then just dump the wings on top and away you go. There would even be enough space for a few asylum seekers in there...

Yep, I really don't see space being an issue to be honest. I can't imagine (although it would be nice) that there will be loads and loads of people able/wanting to go. Even in a sprinter, or big enough trailer you'd get a good few in. Then just dump the wings on top and away you go. There would even be enough space for a few asylum seekers in there...

Be carefull what you say Ben, re the above, you might get taken off the forum these days, look a Ross and co, then Clarkson, it might be ben_stanton next!!!!

Good idea though, brings the cost down!!

David

• 2 months later...