PAP hang points

outkast

I have just purchased a Pap with the 2 arms that come out and the wing attachs to 2 karabiners wich in turn are attached to these arms, I am sure you have seen this system, my question is this, there are 4 holes on each arm, do I need to do a hang test to determin wich hole to use?

How will I know if I have it set in the correct holes?

thank in advance.

As Macey says, need to get this right.

Static hang check from a solid beam sitting in the harness. You look about the size of pilot that could start at the second hole from the front. get someone or use a mirror to check the prop disc from the side. (i.e. set the prop vertical.) the prop should be angled about 15 to 20 degrees from the vertical blowing slightly downwards. When under full thrust this will force itself to a vertical position. If you are too light for this hole the prop will blowing too much downwards; move back a hole. If too heavy the prop will be blowing vertical or slightly up; move forward a hole.

Should be in the manual which, I'm guessing, did not come with the motor? Ask PAP for one; PAP Barcelona - Rambla Exposición, 101 - Local 4 / 08800 – Vilanova I La Geltrú - Barcelona | Tel. 655 57 01 57

You can find the manuals for the newer machines on-line at http://www.papteam.com/paramotors.htm but these have five holes and are designated as:

A = > 60 kg B = > 70 kg C = > 85 kg D = > 95 kg E = > 100 kg

E being nearest the front.

Thanks for the info guys, I did a hang test and when fully seated the prop was tilted to far back at the top, I moved the adjusters back one hole wich seems fine it now tilts back a bit rather than a lot.

thanks guys, I will get onto PAP for a manual.

I tried the hang test on my pap and it wasnt at all acurate,it seems far easier for some reason to fly on level flight and go according to the pap manual,im 74kg's and on the 2nd hole from the back of arm,this seems to be fine for me and going by the manual recommendations is perfect. Give it a go,see what you think all the best

Gaz

I tried the hang test on my pap and it wasnt at all acurate,it seems far easier for some reason to fly on level flight and go according to the pap manual,im 74kg's and on the 2nd hole from the back of arm,this seems to be fine for me and going by the manual recommendations is perfect. Give it a go,see what you think all the best

Gaz

Thanks, Gaz, I am only 2 kgs heavier than you so the same may apply to me.