Bailey Quattro Plus wheel bearings

Since having a hip replacement I've been flying with a Bailey Quattro Plus trike. Very impressed, the whole seat is the fuel tank (HUGE). It came with two sets of rear wheels, one with heavier steel bearings in case you had to take it far on the road, but it also had a much lighter pair of wheels with nylon bushes to save weight. I was always told these were OK for short drives of 5 miles, but any longer, I needed to change to the wheels with the steel bearings.

Last time out (3rd June 2024) I noticed that the nylon bearings had worn and would shortly need replacing. So I spent today trying to phone or email Bailey! NOTHING, so then I tried the local supplier who suggested a couple of trike manufacturers. But I'm not getting anywhere. I am left with the option to remove a wheel and try to get a few made. But mine are not ideal to copy, they have got hot and "stretched".

Anyone got any ideas on where I can source nylon bushes for this type of thing?

If anyone on here can give me the exact firing timing for a Bailey V5s (I currently have mine at about 13 degrees before TDC, it runs ok but I suspect it ought to be closer to 15) I will make Mark some bushes for free (on the proviso he can give me me some sound dimensions. 

I had to re-machine a badly damaged magneto bell and lost the exact keyway position... Before anyone asks :) 

John at Bailey only works on Tues, Wed and Thursday's nowadays and is usually good at replying to mails.  It just needs a little patience for him to reply which i know can be frustrating when you want something urgently. 

I've always come right even up to a week ago ( end May 2024 ) with spares and answers. 

On 6/4/2024 at 5:29 PM, Mark Pugh said:

Since having a hip replacement I've been flying with a Bailey Quattro Plus trike. Very impressed, the whole seat is the fuel tank (HUGE). It came with two sets of rear wheels, one with heavier steel bearings in case you had to take it far on the road, but it also had a much lighter pair of wheels with nylon bushes to save weight. I was always told these were OK for short drives of 5 miles, but any longer, I needed to change to the wheels with the steel bearings.

Last time out (3rd June 2024) I noticed that the nylon bearings had worn and would shortly need replacing. So I spent today trying to phone or email Bailey! NOTHING, so then I tried the local supplier who suggested a couple of trike manufacturers. But I'm not getting anywhere. I am left with the option to remove a wheel and try to get a few made. But mine are not ideal to copy, they have got hot and "stretched".

Anyone got any ideas on where I can source nylon bushes for this type of thing?