Atom 80 or Moster 185

Hi, old to PG and considering PPG.  I’ve read that at my weight I could fly either or.  Question is whether the 80 will check all my boxes.  I know that’s a tall task and would probably want both for different reasons but if buying just one, would I soon regret not having the extra thrust after flying it for a while?

I like the comments I read about noise level being approximately 30% less than the 185 and my question is: Does this difference in noise level allow or disallow flying in the general proximity of public?  Would people be less apt to complain if hearing an 80 as opposed to the 185?  

I’ve not chosen a wing either and don’t want to use my free flight wing for this.  I want something fairly efficient but leaning more towards a fun sporty flying wing so I can confidently “play” in the sky.

Can you turn these off for a quiet glide after reaching altitude and even work light thermals?  I assume the 80 would be best for this application whereas the 185 too heavy?  How much longer would it take to a) launch from level ground on no wind days as opposed to the 185?  How much terra firma will I need in front?  b) how long would it take to get to 5k on either the 80 or 185 assuming I go with an average sporty wing?  I’m 160lbs.

I’’m open to buying a  lightly used setup of either or but would want it in excellent condition naturally… or am I better off buyin new?  Thanks

I am about 200 lbs & switched from moster to atom 80 about 5 years back. I fly mainly at sea level & atom is fine for a hadron 20m & viperxc 20m. Noise is a lot less & also much less vibrations, atom is very reliable & the lighter engine makes a world of difference. If you are at a higher elevation (eg 1500 feet plus) then you may need the extra moster power 

Thanks, that looks great.  Did you have much or a breeze in your face when launching?  What I’m after is the approximate space or size field room needed for a no wind take off with the 80?  I’m 160lbs.  Also, do you feel the lower noise level would make the difference for people to be less aware or annoyed as opposed to the 185?

yes there was a good breeze on that clip, you will need a little more space in nil wind but should not be a problem unless at high elevation. The noise is a lot less than the moster so kinder on the general public. You are much lighter than me so will be easy for you