Harness change

outkast

Hello, is it posible to change a harness from a high hang point version to a lowhang point version, is it a case of just changing the harness or are the frames different?

Thanks.

In a word no

you would be better off buing a diferent machine.

Pete b

I was wondering about this the other day with my Adventure F3. The Super harness that mine came with has a set of low hang points which I believe are actually meant so that you can use the same harness for free flight. The webbing all seems to be just as tough/well stitched as the high hang points, so presumably wouldn't mind the weight of the motor etc. The hang points are in as near as dammit a vertical line with each other.

Now whilst it would never be recommended by the manufacturer, I wonder what the effect would be if you did hitch into the low points whilst using power. Too unstable to use? Thrust line so far out it becomes un-flyable?

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

The first thing to do is to find somewhere to do a hang test.

Get two ropes hung up somewhere and clip them to your harness (with the motor as if you were ready to take off) as you normaly do then lift your feet off the floor ,this is how you will be when flying .

Now do the same BUT use the low hang points and see what happens??

Pete b

When you do the hang check you might also want to check the different way it responds to power application as well. You may find the a large power application pitches the whole unit forward unacceptably.