Welcome!!!

irm750

Hello All

The Garden of England is finally represented in our very own corner of the forum!

Simon assures me that he's had hundreds of enquiries from potential paramotorists in the Kent area, so I'm looking forward to being inundated with posts, phone calls etc from seasoned flyers through to those that just want to see one of these fantastic machines in the air!

I am based between Sittingbourne and Maidstone and am relatively new to the sport. I started in February this year with my BHPA Elementary Pilot paragliding course and have since clocked up 3 1/2 hours over 8 powered flights with my instructor Andy, from his fields in Detling and Leysdown.

I have permission to fly from some massive, fantastically well manicured and flat turf fields down on the Romney Marsh but have yet to try them out. Fancy joining me down there?

Please PM me for my mobile number if you would like to call.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Ian.

Parajet Volution

Paramania Revolution 28

Is that how it works??? :shock:

That sounds like a great idea! :lol:

Wish I'd thought of that! :wink:

What Simon said should work a treat! I think we should call it a forum.

Best regards,

Ian.

p.s

Thanks for setting this up for us Simon. From small acorns...........

I do get lots of calls from people in Kent,

I have some students starting after the tip to tip I will point in this direction.

You mention that you know an instructor in Kent.... Please do point him at this forum as I could be sending him some business for sure.

SW :D

The more the merrier! Thanks.

I will point Andy my instructor here. Might make it easier for others to find out about him than it was for me. I saw him flying while I was driving and chased him to his landing site!

Best regards,

Ian.

Ian,

Further to my phone call earlier and our brief conversation..................count me in!!

So, I must be member number 2 in our little world aka The Kent Club.

It wont be long before we can 'circum-navigate' London/M25 etc etc etc.

Lets start with the small acorns first....................

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike

Great to see you on here! Did you get the grass out of your wing?

Your suggestion got me reaching for the airmap. Apart from a bit of detour out west to give Heathrow airport a wide berth and a couple of other more minor airspace detours, a lap of the M25 could be a lot of fun. Might cause a bit of excitement pulling into Clacket Lane services for a re-fuel though!

Are you available for a fly this weekend?

Best regards,

Ian.

Hi Irm, congrats on setting up your Club/Forum presence.

I will knock you up some banners 'afore too long...

It's going to be fun one day flying around all the Club's flying fields and meeting everyone. This should grow steadily if we all nurture it.

Hi Mike - PM sent

Hopefully get to fly with you this weekend! Glad to hear that most of the grass was persuaded to leave.

The power of suggestion is a powerful thing. Can't get the idea of circum-navigating the M25 out of my head!!

Norman - Thanks for the offer of a Kent banner. That would be very swish - Been envying the banners of the other regions for some time now!

Would be great to have our first Kent area flying report and pics to post after the weekend!

Best regards,

Ian.

Hi Mike

Good to hear that you are meeting with Andy for a couple of days lesson. Shame you couldn't join us yesterday evening - What a buzz flying over the remnants of the Kent county show and all of the traffic after taking off from our usual field just next door! The low sunlight was casting shadows on the east facing sides of the valleys and was just stunning.

Your banner doesn't work because true to form I didn't do as I was told!

Copy and paste this - http://img.skitch.com/20080712-1r3kfy91pcb4weknay85de3ure.jpg into to section on the profile page which says link to of site avatar.

Should then work for you.

Best regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Well I have done what you said, will see if it works now?

Yes I spoke to Andy and we talked wings and motors and stuff..........the good, the bad and the ugly.

I have the same wing as you Paramania Revolution.

He said he'll get the confidence back into me!!!?? Will see?

Andy said you flew last night and that it was awsome......................no I'm not jealous................not much I'm not!! :twisted: Ha, Ha!!

Hopefully, we will hook up shortly?

Mike

Ian,

Have you flown recently?

Weather is spot on at the moment eh?

Can you tell me what paramotoring boots you got? Were they the ones Andy recommended?

The regular flying spot has been ploughed up now?? I was to fly from there with Andy!! :x

His Isle of Sheppy field is interesting but the wind wasn't playing ball!! :cry:

Well I be up with him as soon as I get back from Spain, so will catch up with you then!!

Be lucky!!

Mike

Hi Mike

I have been away for a few days but flew one evening last week before we left. There was quite a large low cloud in the west which made it get darker earlier than expected but was quite a buzz landing in the gloom!

Good to hear that you are doing really well with the lessons. Andy says that you will definately fly when you get back from Spain!

Quite gutting to have his flying field ploughed but don't worry too much as I have been on a serious mission and have found us some others which we can use (getting much easier now that they have started harvesting!) and I have also confirmed the turf fields which are perfect.

I use combat boots (Mangum Elite II) as they were cheaper than the paragliding ones and setting up from scratch was a tad expensive. They are gore-tex, really supportive and doubled up as decent walking boots for a recent survival course that I went on.

Hope you have a great time in Spain!

Best regards,

Ian.