Hello From Fleet!

Hi All!

My names Max, Just thought i'd introduce myself!

Before moving to Fleet in Hampshire I previously lived abroad working as a skydiving instructor, and while working in Dubai I was lucky enough to learn to paramotor. I put about 50 flights under my belt out there plus some paragliding flights in a few places and a little shy of 7000 skydives, within which I competed on the uk canopy piloting team so a fair bit of time under canopy (albeit different canopies/wings granted). Anyway I haven't flown for a couple of years and have been longing to fly again. 

I have got a paramania fusion 26 and was just given an old Rad MXL 120, Now I know its not the most ideal motor but it was free and i'm looking forward to making a project out of it.
I'm sure over time I will be looking to upgrade but my plan for this initially (while I buy a house, so not looking to spend too much just get flying) is first off to get it running, i spent yesterday taking it apart and putting a new net on it, and find a decent harness as there's fraying on my webbing I don't like the look of, it wouldn't pass skydiving so i'm sure it won't pass paramotoring either!

Once it's running and i've put the new blades on it hopefully I can get some flights in while i look for a bigger frame and change the blades to a 130 double prop from e-props as well as tuning the engine to get as much as i can from it! 

I was looking through the surrey branch forum but all the posts seemed quite old so would love to meet some people round here that may be keen to show me the ropes about flying local round here as I haven't ever flown in the uk!

If anyones got any advice on where to fly or the motor let me know :-)

Thanks all!

Max

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

Edited by mx19

Hi , your not far from a place to use , generally known as Barry’s field , nice place to fly it’s private and gated and Foc , couple of rules , but Barry will give you the SP on them , also ideal place to run motors in, kitting etc , oh and there toilets . If the weathers on there’s normally a few of us there . 

don’t know post code but google homestead farm , it’s on west flexford lane , wanborough , 

also you will need a vario when flying there 

Edited by cas_whitmore
Add info
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cas_whitmore said:

Hi , your not far from a place to use , generally known as Barry’s field , nice place to fly it’s private and gated and Foc , couple of rules , but Barry will give you the SP on them , also ideal place to run motors in, kitting etc , oh and there toilets . If the weathers on there’s normally a few of us there . 

don’t know post code but google homestead farm , it’s on west flexford lane , wanborough , 

also you will need a vario when flying there 

Thanks a lot! I'll check it out as soon as my motor is running! Think i'll need a bit of wind with the lower power of the motor but keen to learn! Do you have to call ahead to use Barry's field?

Edited by mx19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, quick update from me! Finally

got my gear sorted, changed the motor etc after getting the rad running but wasn’t confident in the power so aborted a couple of takeoffs. Got a Pap PA125 and fusion 26m wing. Had a couple of days at Barry’s field this weekend and really glad to be back in the air! Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!

max

On 19/04/2021 at 13:57, Chris Harris said:

Hi Max,

A newbie here myself, living in Alton so not too far away (used to live in UAE for 10 years). About to start training in May and maybe we can hook up for some flights around the area.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris! How’s training going?

• 1 month later...