Stonehouse Sunday 11th

Malcs

Not sure if any of you guys on here know about the Stonehouse field but I met the chaps up there today, all very well organised and a perfect launch field, no neighbours, no major obstructions and some stunning scenery within 10 minutes of launch.

Should be flyable tomorrow and folk will be turning up there from 11am onwards, i shall be running in and hopefully flying my new baby!

A tiny village called Standish, just off the B4008. Call me if interested. 07894 707965

I believe there is a small charge as the organiser pays the farmer a yearly fee, only a fiver though I think.

Cheers

Malc

I can confirm what Malc said, a nice little spot, friendly crowd and great scenery.

There was quite a varied selection of machinery there today, always good to see what other people are flying :)

The club is run by a guy called Tony, apparently. I have his mobile number, I'll be giving hima ring during the week to see about joining up.

I hope to be there again, probably not next weekend (family stuff ... ) but soon.

Robin.

What an awesome day and a great bunch of blokes, not least Pete B who shares his wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm as well as provides a lounge to sit and watch the grand prix whilst waiting for the thermals to clear! :lol:

Good to get my first flight in British airspace last night even if the take off was a little (ok a lot!) dodgy, I had my best landing to date, still never stayed on 2 feet but a kind of slow motion glide through the long grass and a gentle drop on the arse, that'll do me!

I was able to actually relax and enjoy the view on the flight itself and felt more in control of the beast than I had on my previous 2 flights. All the way home I had this urge to smile broadly, I guess that means the bug has bitten. :D

The new motor performed beautifully by the way, very smooth power and comfortable seat!

Hope to get up again this week!

Malc

Malc you should take up tree trimming :D:D

Glad you enjoyed your flight it only gets better and better.

YES it is my Pete b aka The Dwarf I'm here I'm there I'm nearly blinking every where even Devon soon to see you my dear old friend( well not as old as me??)

Pete b

you never know when or where Ill turn up :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::arrow::arrow::idea:

Totally agree about the site and stunning location. This is closest I've been to flying over a kids map.

Lush patchwork landscape, beautifully bendy River Severn, ship canal, dual carriageway, motorway, all other types of road, railway, all shapes of church, old runway, Welsh mountains and Cotswolds on either side.

Having three flights, lunch watching the GP, seeing Dave and then Malc :lol::lol::lol: after their first UK flight after training in Spain, all added to a xxxxxxx great day. Also, good to see my Nova Rotor put to good use and topically after Francis mentioned one.

Tony is after more recruits if others want to join the syndicate.

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

I would be interested in joining this syndicate as I live in Evesham which isn't too far away, how do I contact Tony for details?

Thanks

Dave

It should be quite quick to get there, it is from Bath as the site is very near the motorway junction - I've sent you a PM with the details

Cheers

Paul