Air Conception Nitro XL

Eddie

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whether the Nitro XL will take a smaller blade/cage?  I had a brief email chat with a guy from custom air but he did not make it clear either way as we were also talking about clutch on the XL also which confused the issue.  I would like to be able to have the option of either/or as far as blades are concerned (yes I know I will need to purchase 2 cages also).  I would like to gain experience on the smaller blade then upgrade when I see fit.

Is there anywhere I can test-flight both of them?

Ed

The XL chassis and frame is different to the standard size chassis and frame. Also the Re-drive reduction ratio on the XL nitro is different, because of that difference the XL is only available as pull start or electric start. The clutch re-drive is not made in that size so does not fit with the 150cm prop.

For anyone else reading the XL nitro is a titanium delta style chassis with 165cm hoop housing a 150cm prop, because of the larger prop it can and needs to be slowed down with a different reduction ratio. Pull start or electric start.

Standard nitro race titanium frame is 140cm with 125cm prop. pull start, electric start or electric start with a clutch.

• 4 months later...

thanks @custom-vince

I am also interested in the possibility of  buying the nitro XL titanium frame estart without clutch and having the option of falling back to the smaller hoop if needed. I understand that some fabrication might be needed but the options of two hoop sizes would be good for different flights i.e. the Xl for long XCs or FAI triangles.

Do people think that this might be a possibility?

On 10/26/2017 at 23:14, Peter Evans said:

thanks @custom-vince

I am also interested in the possibility of  buying the nitro XL titanium frame estart without clutch and having the option of falling back to the smaller hoop if needed. I understand that some fabrication might be needed but the options of two hoop sizes would be good for different flights i.e. the Xl for long XCs or FAI triangles.

Do people think that this might be a possibility?

Does the XL actually come in a titanium frame? I've only been able to find it in Delta frame.