top 80 carburetor

miniwing2

Looking to get back in the air after a long lay off,and having probs starting the engine,looking to buy a new carb,just wonderd if there has been any upgrades to the WG8,the reason for replacing it is its probably as old as the engine,and the brass jet has rounded off ,just sent off for a gasket set ,it wont tick over but runs well once it starts..dose anyone know the primary setting for the conical low screwe dose it have to be wound right in,so as not to bring the main jet into play,need to get this to start first time as i dont have reserves of energy prior to flight theese days.cheers

There's a mod ' that will bring the throttle stop back down the conical part of the low jet , this is what I needed to do but there's no doubt different ways of doing it, actually no there's not " some where on this forum there's a pic of the brass butterfly valve it needs to have a semi circle filed in the portion above the idle holes on the carb body ' there's two/three very small holes that you'll see if you just lift the throttle valve/brass plate off its seat . If you had a 4 or 5 mm rat tale file  to get the semi circle in the plate above the holes then you can set the tick over to 2.300 /2.600 rpm  and will not slowly flood up on tick over also starts fine all the time after prolonged idle .   It's a simple Jod but hard to explain.

cas . 

Yea i am with you on all this stuff Caz,I was having that problem on my solo 210 and Rowena motors sent me a butterfly with a cutout and it worked fine,.the top 80 worked fine b4 and there are 2 cutouts on the throttle valve anyway so that must be for the tickover air.everything points to the low jet blocked,and the only jet that is visable has been rounded off I  with need to start at the begining with this shit now its been dewaxed.Christian! will look at this site latter on .cheers guys