English Channel crossing - Self Help Africa

oisin

Gentlemen,

I have embarked on a journey on my Paramotor, to raise funds and awareness for Self Help Africa. I flew 300k yesterday from Belfast to Bernard Castle via Scotland. This is the first leg of a trip from Ireland to Africa!  It may take a while and may end up being completed in stage (spent all day today rain bound and drinking coffee!!)  the trip is entirely self funded and all funds raised to go to the Charity  

Someone may have some contacts who may be able to assist. I am hoping when weather allows us to fly South, to cross Dover - Calais next week (early in the week hopefully). It's the same distance as the Irish crossing but I looking to get a support RIB for the trip over. To date I have quotes from swim support boats who really know how to charge!  

Any thoughts suggestions?? Anyone like to join me? I had company on the first crossing and hope to have company on last one as well. Good cause. 

Oisin

www.flyafrica.ie

https://www.facebook.com/flyafrica.ie//

• Upvote 1

Thanks Patrick. Made it as for as Doncaster this morning before it started raining..again!  Sitting it out again. Had hoped to make Cambridge after a lovely 125km start to the day in lovely conditions (slight headwind)

fingers crossed for some more good weather. Pity the thousands of Campers I spotted at the Leeds festival!

someone else might have some suggestions.

all best. Oisin

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 9:38 PM, oisin said:

Gentlemen,

I have embarked on a journey on my Paramotor, to raise funds and awareness for Self Help Africa. I flew 300k yesterday from Belfast to Bernard Castle via Scotland. This is the first leg of a trip from Ireland to Africa!  It may take a while and may end up being completed in stage (spent all day today rain bound and drinking coffee!!)  the trip is entirely self funded and all funds raised to go to the Charity  

Someone may have some contacts who may be able to assist. I am hoping when weather allows us to fly South, to cross Dover - Calais next week (early in the week hopefully). It's the same distance as the Irish crossing but I looking to get a support RIB for the trip over. To date I have quotes from swim support boats who really know how to charge!  

Any thoughts suggestions?? Anyone like to join me? I had company on the first crossing and hope to have company on last one as well. Good cause. 

Oisin

www.flyafrica.ie

https://www.facebook.com/flyafrica.ie//

Amazing!  I've just started training and can only imagine undertaking a trip like this later on in a few years time.   Love the Facebook page, with some awesome updates.  Stay safe and keep us posted on progress.

• Upvote 1