Pramania tip steering

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine have been fitted for around 2 months now .....and have been a worthwhile improvement and as a bonus they actually work :roll: it really is quite a tight turn you can achieve combined with some weightshift :) with no problems at all ... I can say I feel safer because nothing can now get close to the prop......still no word from paramania on this :!: on and on and on

I have to say,

Fitted they are very nice :D

It is a nice tidy solve in my eyes (as suspected) so just a quick fly around and then I will send the kit + my mini report to Paramania to try and get an official thumbs up for there use.

SW :D

SW will do at some point.

Andrews - I though about something similar so I could just pull on the stabilo line,

two metal rings small and large.

Small one bolted into the Mullion as a guide and the other larger one as a small handle on the end of the Stabilo line so that it cannot pass through the smaller ring.

(its a bit like one of my old kitesurfing rigs) it all worked out to be about the correct length but it has never been done and I can see room for error but a magnet keeper would solve one of my worries.

I was unsure of any faults with this idea, why it is not done? which is the reason I went with an already familier and proven design.

I may go back to it.

This is the set up i use, but i use a small pulley (a bit like the one pictured) attached to the loop in the riser that holds the mallion and a 10mm ring on the end of the stabilo.

I then have a short length of thick line from the 10mm ring to the riser/ biner loop, which is easy to grab and pull for steering.

It works a treat, is easy to find in a hurry, only a light pull is needed and it's not something that needs parking or preflight checking as it always, naturally parks itself out of the way.

Stuart.

Revo 26

HE120

Well,

As suspected it worked well. (feels the same, but makes a tidy job)

I am going to take them off today and send them over to Pascal tomorrow so that he can have a go.

SW :D

Savage, as I understand your setup (forgive me if im wrong), my worry was in any kind of tip collapse or on launching the stabilo line could slip through with the weight of the pulley and get caught up, not normally but it could happen at somepoint. The securing magnet / velcro on the tip line would prevent this.

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke with Pascal last week end, he just said it would be fine if there are some who want it. They are not about to change there current design right now, in fact GIN fit the same system to the Airflex.

1000's of wings out there and I know only 4 people who really want an upgrade which I now offer. Its up to you guys to change to the split stabilo line design if you want to.

He did hint at some new steering designs in the future which will only be available as an upgrade option. Its a little way off and I have no more info on it, but there are many new things to come from Paramania.

Anyone seen a Reflex Mk3 (24-75kmh for comp pilots only. Aspect Ratio 6.7)

Rocketman Revo inspired riser mod as bantered about herein.

Source webbing from an advance Epsilon 4 stock riser. To my surprise the split-A pullied ears kit was velcro'd on!

It doesn't get any easier to retrofit to Fusion Risers.

I've yet to load the lines with this installed, and wonder how well the pulley will settle on the line or if coincidental measurements work perfectly. These thumbloops should hang back out of the way of speedbar pulley right where one would want them - I hope.

Pix link to larger versions:

th_100_1859.jpg th_100_1860.jpg

th_100_1858.jpg

Edit:

Measures 49.5cm from one end to bottom of pulley.

2.5cm of velcro fastening on the end.

Edit2:

Advance still has these available and quoted 30 Euro for a set plus shipping.

Will snap a photo when next I inflate with these on to see how the fitment is.

Comments welcome.

Installed and flying @ takeoff trim:

th_E4earskit.jpg

Edited by Guest

Savage, as I understand your setup (forgive me if im wrong), my worry was in any kind of tip collapse or on launching the stabilo line could slip through with the weight of the pulley and get caught up, not normally but it could happen at somepoint. The securing magnet / velcro on the tip line would prevent this.

Vince, it's the other way around, the pulley is fixed to the mallion/riser, the stabilo line runs through it and a 5p sized stopper key ring is the other side. IMO theres no way it would run through in a collapse, so no magnets/velcro to worry about, but thanks for the heads up, anyway.

Stu.

• 4 weeks later...

This months BHPA Skywings mag makes for some interesting reading ......Accident and incident...

reports......out of 36 (reported) incidents my own or my mates not included....I should have :oops:

2 of the incidents/accidents involve the slipping of the prusik knot on Paramania gliders.........

Am I missing something why do paramania still refuse to do anything about it .......I dont want to be the one to say I told you so ......when somebody gets seriously hurt or worse......But I will....

in fact I feel so strongly about their lack of any responce to me......I am going to contact the CAA

......lets see what they have to say about it.........

after all I am a very concerned owner of a fusion 26 (Now Modified)...so its safer.. :D

By the way anybody want to swap it for a 23mtr mines got around 20hrs on it :dive: