Complete kit deals

Guest chambo

Hola all,

I've had my taster day of gliding and loved it, and I am still planning on going through with the paramotoring. The club I did the training day with offer a couple of complete kit and training packages:

2-stroke - £ 8,180:

Parajet Thor 130 motor

Ozone Spark wing

Icaro Fly UL helmet

CPC paragliding (tow)

Club Pilot Paramotor

4-stroke - £ 8,888:

Bailey 4 stroke motor

Ozone Spark wing

Icaro Fly UL helmet

CPC paragliding (tow)

Club Pilot Paramotor

They also have some second hand kit, which they are willing to guarantee, so far as if I have a major problem with it in the first month or so then they'd look into it (also, they're a nice bunch and I reckon they would want to encourage me, not discourage me if it all went pete tong on me!). I think they said around £6000, and I would need to put the training cost of £1000 onto that.

I'm just wondering what peoples opinion of that kit setup is; how long it would stay relevant, are they solid motors, decent price (They look it to me, but being a newbie I don't know 100%!)? I can see myself being a fairly average fly time per year person (25hrs p/year I read somewhere is one figure banded around). For what it's worth i'm 80kgs and 6'1"!

Also, i've not really seen any comparison between 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Any particular opinions or advice?!

Very excited after one day of winch gliding; i'll be an ADHD mess after 2 weeks of getting into a powered flight course!

Four stroke vs. two stroke:

Search this and other forums for motor problems. Listen to both types running and if possible, fly both types.

There's no reason why you should choose at this stage. I took the training & kit package with Airways Airsports and didn't pick the kit until I had done nearly all the training. Maybe choose the 2 stroke package and retain the option to upgrade before you decide on a motor.