Blazewear X1 - Heat Liners.

Steve

I too am interested in the answer to this specific question.

Stevie, theres also been quite a lot of discussion around this at

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9340

although not specifically your question here.

Seeing as I have already a pair of superb flying gloves they would have to practically and comfortably be usable with those. I know Morgy sells them and was about to go get some but fancied some feedback before going ahead.

These gloves are amazing and worth every penny. I have used them for a range if activities, including at high altitude and extreme cold. The battery pack is not too inconvenient and when you read the science about it the heat delivered to the inside of the wrist is almost more important than the heat to the finger tips, as it warms the blood going into the hands. I wear them under a pair of mountaineering gloves and have found them to be excellent.

• 4 weeks later...

I dropped into the shop last week and spent £450 on heated kit including the X1 heated liners...!

Carl in the office could not have been more helpful and passionate about their support and products!

The gloves are a great fit but need a thin pair of leather gloves on top as they offer NO grip what so ever.

As a relative newbie to flying (40 hours) I'm still keen to grip everything as though I'm hanging from it!

(Tripped on take off and smashed my prop and cage on my Parajet volution yesterday so no flying till after the new year when they are open to buy new ones!!!)

• 3 months later...

(Tripped on take off and smashed my prop and cage on my Parajet volution yesterday so no flying till after the new year when they are open to buy new ones!!!)

I know this was sometime ago, but Parajet being open is no guarantee of them actually having spares in stock that you can buy!!

Patrick,

I feel your stress mate, but I don't think there were the same problems in the country where they manufacture the props then as there are now. Everyone suffered when the poo hit the fan in Japan a few years ago it wiped out a season for many.

The solution 'if you want to fly' is to call Parajet and ask them for a 2 blade hub and belt. They may even lend you the hub until the props are available again....

You will end up with a cheeper set of props with no loss of thrust.

SW :D

Thanks. As I said I got myself sorted by a combination of repair and some luck finding an almost new set.

So in the end I only missed a day or two of flyable weather.

I know now from searching last time round what the options are.

- standard PJ carbon 3 blade

-Helix 3blade

-Or various 2 blade carbon or wooden props with a two blade hub.

I agree that whilst the risk remains high of damaging a prop , 2 blade wooden would seem the way to go. After all a 2 blade hub and wooden prop is probably less than a 3 blade carbon!