First flight of the Hemel / St Albans massive!

Trickyh

Managed to wrangle the exclusive use of a 20acre field in-between St Albans and Hemel 8)

Its in a very (noise) sensitive area, It's got about 3 stables within close proximity. And the field involves a bit of a hike to and from the car, but its well worth it :mrgreen:

Nice and flat with no trees. I'll have to keep it a bit close to my chest for a while, but hopefully if I can keep the farmer sweet I ''should'' be able to have a few guests :dive:

Nice one!

Its always nice to find a new site. :-) If he is a farmer, the offer of some free aerial pictures of his land at certain times of year will make him a very happy farmer.

SW :D

Managed to wrangle the exclusive use of a 20acre field in-between St Albans and Hemel 8)

Its in a very (noise) sensitive area, It's got about 3 stables within close proximity. And the field involves a bit of a hike to and from the car, but its well worth it :mrgreen:

Nice and flat with no trees. I'll have to keep it a bit close to my chest for a while, but hopefully if I can keep the farmer sweet I ''should'' be able to have a few guests :dive:

Nice one mate, I have all but given up on this area, the problem I found was nearly always the presence of horses nearby, any bit of land without crops on seemed to have livestock of some sort on it.

I cant moan about the horses as my misses has a stables in harpendon wich is not a bad little earner, I did get permission to fly from the land surrounding it from the farmer, but when I checked an air chart its right under luton airports airspace :(

I am going to pop into a place I have found a bit further around the M25, theres a small airstrip there and no horses for miles, if I get the nod I will let you know,thers a growing number of pilots in this area now.

Cheers Dave

I had a chat with the farmer this morning and all's good with him 8) Only thing is, if he does receive a complaint then i'll have to stop immediately, no questions... I think it will only be occasional use only, take off and do any low level stuff elsewhere (abiding to the 500ft rule of course)

I'm 2.7nm south of Luton 0 - 3500 and 2nm west of Plaistows (the microlight field with the dirty great pylons next to it..). Any cross country's would have to be to the south towards Bovingdon.

It's crazy, but when you dont know about complicated airspace etc you think you can fly off and go anywhere, but the reality (in north London) couldn't be further from the truth!

Your field sounds great m8, deff give me a shout when you go up there next :mrgreen:

Rich

Cheers Dave

I had a chat with the farmer this morning and all's good with him 8) Only thing is, if he does receive a complaint then i'll have to stop immediately, no questions... I think it will only be occasional use only, take off and do any low level stuff elsewhere (abiding to the 500ft rule of course)

I'm 2.7nm south of Luton 0 - 3500 and 2nm west of Plaistows (the microlight field with the dirty great pylons next to it..). Any cross country's would have to be to the south towards Bovingdon.

It's crazy, but when you dont know about complicated airspace etc you think you can fly off and go anywhere, but the reality (in north London) couldn't be further from the truth!

Your field sounds great m8, deff give me a shout when you go up there next :mrgreen:

Rich

will do mate, I have been there once but the owners were out, the field looks a cracker, theres a microlight and an old warbird in a hanger there but I have never seen them fly, plenty of room for us, I intend going back tomorow, will let you know how I get on.