Paramotoring in Ireland Trip.

donegalwing

LOL Fantastic Gordon! The guy who made it (did the flying) has provided the Garda with all they need to convict him and bang him away for a few months. Great clip though. :lol:

Thanks for the airspace piece, interesting how the border area works isn't it. I take your point about swings and roundabouts with airspace. Still, national boundaries never were straight lines were they. You should see India - Pakistan at night. Hundreds of miles fenced, guarded and illuminated. What a waste!

Edited by Guest

LOL Fantastic Gordon! The guy who made it (did the flying) has provided the Garda with all they need to convict him and bang him away for a few months. Great clip though. :lol:

They won't catch him with a wing thats THAT fast :shock: must be one of the new 12m speed wings with the tips clipped off :P

Dean, I used a Fuji Z1 digital for these pictures. Only 5MP resolution on the original images, but still large enough to print A3 size on photographic paper- I actually mounted and framed the one of Benone Beach and gave them to some family members at Christmas- they were amazed......The fact that it had the 'personal' touch was even better.

I used the Z1 because it is light, compact, fast startup time, good big display on back, and i can store 500+ images on a 2Gig card. There is also a very clever zoom lens on this camera- instead of protruding outwards as it zooms- there is a refractive prism behind the objective lens, and the zoom operates internally up and down. This also helps reduce the risk of dirt and other foriegn objects getting in through the weakest point of a camera, which has traditionally been the zoom actuation assembly.

I belive the Z1 is no longer in production, but Fuji have realeased the Z10FD, which you can get in Argos now for only £99. This features 7MP resolution, and has a few more features than the Z1. The start-up time for the Z10 is fractionally slower, but i wouldn't worry too much about that.

These cameras are real useful, as they can be operated in one hand.... typically most of the Northern Irish pilots fly with left hand throttle, leaving the right hand free for camcorder or camera. It's easier to order a paramotor with left hand throttle, than find a camcorder manufacturer that makes a left hand camcorder. While some may be ambidextrous, these are equally uncomfortable in either hand.

One other major issue when using a camera on a paramotor- make sure you are high/safe before taking it out.... and always use a securing lanyard.

Hope this helps.

GD