powick gang 2day

jock

Hi Jock, I dropped in at 5.15 to see Nick after his first flight in 18 months. Had a quick chat then raced back downwind to Bromsgrove for 6.

Isaw you going over my house,you were tanking along.bet it didnt take long to get to bromsgrove.

Hey Jock, that picture of you in the first post are you clipped in backwards, as the speed bar pulley is at the rear of the riser?

Yes it was,it was a new ajustable speed bar.i left it slack so i could ajust it in flight.but saw the riser and bar line was twisted when flying. still had good flight...

Great to meet up with you guys again (missed Phil as I'd b*ggered off on another flight...), and nice to see Jock's shiny new toy. Great afternoon (accidentally in and out of the clouds at 3,600ft....) 3 trips to straight to cloudbase from 400ft agl. Just 2.5 litres of fuel used in 2hrs of flying on the first flight. Average climb rate to 800ft/min at times. 12 deg C in the clouds. Nice second flight along the Severn. Pics just out of the clouds did not work due to the water on the lens, but some later were just about ok. Catch you all again soon. Richard.

4.jpg.67ff36e653212e713f0460fd1eae8751.j

57336411a2145_2011_Oct_Powick_Norb.JPG(1

57336411a429c_2011_Oct_Powick_Norb.JPG(2

57336411a66df_2011_Oct_Powick_Norb.JPG(3

57336411a8ce2_2011_Oct_Powick_Norb.JPG(4

57336411ab1ed_2011_Oct_Powick_Norb.JPG(5

57336411ad59a_2011_Oct_Powick_Norb.JPG(6

57336411af64e_2011_Oct_Powick_Norb.JPG(7

PS - I kept the restaurant happy allowing us to use their car park, by purchasing a very delicate refreshment post flight. Quite a good arrangement in my books!

We'll also have to keep vigilant on the 500ft rule next to that road (excl take off & land). I can possibly see someone complaining if we start misusing the privilege.

See you next time!

Richard

Who forgot to open the gates to let the moos back in.i went down to see if my phone was in the feild,i opened the gates thought we should have some fresh pats to land in, /lol/ mike dont forget to upload the vid please,thurs looks ok at mo/////////

Ooh, that Konig sound again.....

A clip from late on Sunday:

Richard

We have to hear it on youtube,we dont hear it much when you fly, 900hrs 850 of those were engine off hrs, you thermal hound.lol, you went up like a rocket in the one we were wacthing you from the feild, 11yrs 900hrs how many other ppgs can say that,and you never had engine apart.