best way to go from Paragliding EP to Paramotoring??

stvo0000

the motor is the main goal

That was my thought when I took my first EP steps in 2005 and I am so glad I did the EP/CP course first as it opened up 2 sports instead of just one - as PG & PPG are almost as different as powerboating and sailing. The motor gives you the ease & freedom to go where you want, whereas the PG can be taken anywhere on holiday for some amazing locations and the feeling of being 'at one' with the elements....

Anyway, the EP course will give you some of the fundamental basics to go in either direction (or to do both) 8) - there are no fixed rules to say you have to do paragliding first (although that would be my preference) - in fact I was in Turkey in May when some of the Lemmings paramotor club took their first ever free flying steps off the 6000 foot Babadag mountain. :shock:

To confirm,

An EP (bhpa) rated person, is only allowed to fly under instruction.

a CP rating is required to fly solo from the hills.

So once you have your EP out of the way, you can then start your Paramotor training, but beware! YOU WILL NOT be able to fly from the hills until you have gone back, paid for, and completed the CP (hill) course also.

SW :D

• 1 year later...

Do both mate! It opens 2 facets of flying to you and if you can fly from a hill in higher winds, it'll improve your wing handling skills which in the long run will make you a better Paramotor pilot and probably save you money as you won't be so prone to cocking up launches and damaging your kit.

Do both mate! It opens 2 facets of flying to you and if you can fly from a hill in higher winds, it'll improve your wing handling skills which in the long run will make you a better Paramotor pilot and probably save you money as you won't be so prone to cocking up launches and damaging your kit.

I think you will find that most paramotor pilots are better at ground handling than paraglider pilots.