PAP PA 125/1400 propeller

6speed

As I had my training in Norway for my licence, I used my instructors PAP 200 for my first flights. I really liked the power in this engine. But I bought myself a new PA 125, and after my fist flight I felt there should have been more power, and the revs on the 2 blade propeller was also much higher.(this I was aware of)

Has anyone tried to put on a 3 blade propeller on a PA 125. I know I propably loose some revs on the top, but compared to the 200, the 125 will only need to reach 8500 rpm for the same propellerspeed as the 200.

I am 95 kg with my clothes, and fly a revo 2-26. With the 200 I had decent rpm with full refleks, but with the PA, I was close to full trottle to keep my hight.

So has any tried this, or will the engine not be powerful enough for this to work?

Thanks Clive, but as they say on

http://www.flyparamania.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152&Itemid=73〈=en

the 26 should handle up to 185 kg. I like to fly a wing that I am in the middle or on the heavier side, as I fell the wing more stable and has faster response. My instructor was flying a GT 21 and was about the same weight as I am.

My question is still, has anyone tried a 3 blade on a PA 125??

As I had my training in Norway for my licence, I used my instructors PAP 200 for my first flights. I really liked the power in this engine. But I bought myself a new PA 125, and after my fist flight I felt there should have been more power, and the revs on the 2 blade propeller was also much higher.(this I was aware of)

Has anyone tried to put on a 3 blade propeller on a PA 125. I know I propably loose some revs on the top, but compared to the 200, the 125 will only need to reach 8500 rpm for the same propellerspeed as the 200.

I am 95 kg with my clothes, and fly a revo 2-26. With the 200 I had decent rpm with full refleks, but with the PA, I was close to full trottle to keep my hight.

So has any tried this, or will the engine not be powerful enough for this to work?

If you put a three blade on with the same reduction there will not be enough power in the engine to reach full rpm so you will be down on thrust.

You could try playing about with a ground adjustable but to be honest you wont get much more than the standard prop.

Been there and done it.

Pete