A video of just how good reflex wings are

clivefreeman

That's a REALLY good link Clive . Thanks. And interesting that the 29 would be different to the 31 (which I have) It feels like the first 20 cm of brake travel does nothing on mine. I'm told not to adjust it and wont.

I'll heed your words Simon. It will be a first though. Find most of my time is taken by trying to stay in lift whilst thermalling. I imagine you'd need to be in a very wide area of strong lift to want to B line.

Dave

I forgot, just on a point of physics (apologies in advance for being boring...), twice the speed means about four times the dynamic effect of any collapse (Kinetic Energy). I say 'about' because KE relates to solid bodies and not PG's. It may be less or more. Consider that, when you're floating about on trim at 25kph and then on bar at 50kph.

Richard

I forgot, just on a point of physics (apologies in advance for being boring...), twice the speed means about four times the dynamic effect of any collapse (Kinetic Energy). I say 'about' because KE relates to solid bodies and not PG's. It may be less or more. Consider that, when you're floating about on trim at 25kph and then on bar at 50kph.

Richard

A very good point!

Although less likely to collapse when on full fast and full speed bar, the higher the speed the more dynamic the event... (the more energy the 'event' has)

SW :D