wanting to learn in derbyshire

Not sure if there is anyone closer but you could ring Paul from Manchester Paragliders (on Google) for cheap training with no money up front, or free if you buy your kit through them.

He trains full time now so you can fit in whenever, very patient with beginners and your guaranteed to have a laugh !

There is a blast from the past....

I am not sure if he is contactable? not sure if he still teaches?

May be wrong.

We need a PMC instructor or two up North...

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...

you could also try Parapente thats where i am thinking of doing mine next year also so most are hitting about £1200 which i think is a bit steep i wounder if they do special rates of unemployed. but on here i think it was £800 great if ya happen ta live a bit closer http://www.fly-paragliders.co.uk/ full course up to cp £999

Parapente Flying School

25, Jodrell Street,

Newmills, High Peak,

Derbyshire SK22 3HJ

Tel 01663 747513

having did a few lesons with paul allmark at parapete i can vouch for pauls 100% professional tuition, an absolutely sound bloke and very patient too.

i didnt complete my tuition with paul purely on the basis of the time of year i was learning the weather conditions in the peaks meant i had a lot of wasted tips.

i went over to beyond extreme, which was fantastic with the legendary mark dan...a 5* chauffer driven service!

good luck on your choice.