3 Blade or 2 Blade

Neilzy

Hi all is the torque affect difference between 2 & 3 blade props very signifigant, i have a 3 blade and find that the torque affect almost spins on the spot, this is my first 3 blade prop an a Siminoni Mini 2 so the power is also there.

I wonder if switching to a 2 blade reduce the torque and give me back some confidence when cracking the throttle open on take off.

Neilzy

I didn't notice any real difference between two or three blades.

I didn't really notice any torque affect with the Macro or the Simonini I had, are you sure you are not leaning forward to start off then leaning back as you put the power in as the change in prop angle will do this.

Cheers Pete,

I have found that the mere blip of the throttle whilst standing is enough to twist my whole body to the right either im getting weak in old age or its just me being chicken looking for excuses LOL. Cant say i noticed it with the H&E i had or the Walkerjet.

Neilzy

Hi Neil,

Did it do this with the original harness before you switched it to the high hang point one ? As Pete says, this is likely to be due to the angle of the prop. With the motor vertical it should not twist your body at all, although a small amount of counter-rotation is normal when "blipping the throttle", which should then be steady at a constant RPM.

Can you get anyone to photograph or video you standing with the motor and sitting in the harness (hang test) ? You want it hanging less than 20 degrees from vertical.