Kent

bjc

Hi Fred.

Yes that was me. :D

It was a picture postcard perfect evenings flight, from detling across to upchurch marshes via Hartlip area (near my dads house) then over Rainham, Wigmore and then back towards Hartlip area. First chance to tour over where I grew up and a few friends houses (at a legal height of course!)

Making the most of the weather window, practically nil wind.

How are you doing with your motor?

Ian.

Still waiting for parts for the vittorazi though I have managed to bodge a coil off a kart and make it work. Spoken to Andy. Piers and whitters and am very tempted by a Fresh Breeze simmo that has good parts availability. Just have to convince my wife that I NEED one. Nice to meet up with you the other day.

Fred

Well done getting your motor running again. I thought it had a spark, so am surprised that you needed to change the coil???

Good luck with convincing your wife on the necessity of a new motor! Best enjoy your current one while it's still working and the weather is sooo good, just in case your plees are unsuccessful!

Or you could take the opportunity while it's working to sell it. :wink:

Best regards,

Ian.

First great weekend of the year and my youngest son is getting married, so ground bound at present.

Real strange problem with the coil. It had a reasonable blue spark, that if I had seen it on one of my old british bikes, I would have been happy. Proved it was an electrical problem in the end by supplying the HT from a machine gun simulator board and coil. That triggers at a fixed rate of 1100 cycles, so I managed to get a few pops and bangs whilst pulling over the engine and squirting easy start in the intake. Got a second hand kart coil off ebay and made that fit. Spark is in a different league, white hot and bushey! Found a couple of minor things whilst I had the engine apart that need doing, hence waiting on Vittorazi.

With regards to a new motor, my wife is off on holiday to Florida very shortly. I might be speaking to Andy / Piers again whilst she is away. Pay to get one ordered before VAT goes up

and whilst Angela Mercal is doing all she can to drive down the Euro ;-)

Fred