Dan - Bristol - looking to start training

Hi everyone i'm Dan, new on here and very keen to start paramotoring. I completed an AFF frefall course two years ago but got most of the buzz from cruising around after my canopy had opened!

I'm considering a course abroad but would like to train locally over the winter if possible and maybe take a trip abroad next summer.

Is it feasable to train though the winter in the UK when i'm mainly only free weekends?

Also i have spotted a few websites offering training courses in thailand, is there a way of checking that these instructors are competent / reliable?

Any advice appreciated!

Hi everyone i'm Dan, new on here and very keen to start paramotoring. I completed an AFF frefall course two years ago but got most of the buzz from cruising around after my canopy had opened!

I'm considering a course abroad but would like to train locally over the winter if possible and maybe take a trip abroad next summer.

Is it feasable to train though the winter in the UK when i'm mainly only free weekends?

Also i have spotted a few websites offering training courses in thailand, is there a way of checking that these instructors are competent / reliable?

Any advice appreciated!

Hi Dan

Simon is near Lambourne (he will reply shortly Im sure) and Im up in the forest of dean.

We do get good weather in the winter (even on weekends :D )

the only way to find out if they are competant would be to talk to a few pilots that trained with them.

Pete b

Agreed,

We have just about managed to teach two people from never touching a wing in 2 weeks spread over 5 days so far (likely to need another 2-3 days to complete the course)

Recent courses held overseas have been binned due to the weather, even a course I was running of my own in Palma, ( the week I was due to be away was stunning in the UK, and gales in Palma!)

Keep it British I say! :-)

Maybe pop over to the fireworks doo on Sat and say hello :-)

Please do call if you would like to chat about the training in more detail.

Welcome to the Paramotor Club BTW :D

SW :D