Liverpool airspace - request from the operators.

norman

I am still trying to get some harder information about this issue and awaiting replies from a couple of sources. Until then I will post up what I know to get the ball rolling.

If you fly in the Liverpool area proximate to the CTA/TMA this might interest you.

There has been an approach from a representative of Liverpool ATC asking us to help publicise the airspace dimensions around Liverpool so that incursions by paramotors become less likely. At this stage I am not sure that anything has happened to prompt this approach or whether proactive steps are being taken to prevent occurrences.

This graphic came from the NATS website, it may not include recent airspace changes, I am checking to see if there are any published in the system.

20091103-8rwgjcqkx1py75nb78c5ixww8s.png

If you are flying beneath the CTA in the vicinity of the VRPs - Visual Reporting Points, expect others to be doing the same. Spend a little time studying the graphic, it makes sense after a while. :lol:

Still waiting for someone to step forward (possibly a PPL holder or higher :roll: ) who might have an interest in stuff like this and take our response to the next step. A new 'Regulations & Airspace Member'? This sort of thing is fairly typical of what that role entails.

If you are flying beneath the CTA in the vicinity of the VRPs - Visual Reporting Points, expect others to be doing the same. Spend a little time studying the graphic, it makes sense after a while. :lol:

[/b][/color]

Norman, a small correction. VRP's are now 'Visual Reference Points'. CAA advice is to avoid directly overflying them to reduce likelihood of collisions.

Phil

There have been infingments,

This is due to a mapping fault or sum such as I understand it.

They will be sending us a letter, I will post it here.

All will then become clear. I have no other info at this point.

SW :D

If you are flying beneath the CTA in the vicinity of the VRPs - Visual Reference Points, expect others to be doing the same.

Thanks Phil, just the job. Looking back I kinda' think that vicinity covers that but you make a good point. One of the 'benefits' of GPS is that with the precise tracking available it makes a 'hit' more likely if everyone keeps to prescribed tracks and waypoints/positions.

All over the world where this factor prevails and the quality of ATC is a questionable or 'unannounced' traffic is a possibility (much the same thing - Africa) we fly 1-2 mile offsets to take care of that factor. It makes good sense in our arena here too. Hence the suggestion.

PM on the way btw. I have an idea who would make the perfect Regulations & Airspace Member don't you? :wink: