gx200 4 stroke

jock

well got the motor,stripped it down binned the bits i dont need.new bits should be here at end of week.haveing a new reduction plate made.it looks great not quite finish yet,just have to machine bottom pulley to fit the crank,new bits r high compression head/billet flywheel/conrod/flat top piston/advance timming key for flywheel/exhaust/ mikuni carb/filter .20hp here i come.motor should weight about 12-15kg with reduction on.cost so far £700 for new 4stroke..

chinese one from pumpsuk-ebay// didnt see the need for a honda as im only useing the crank cases and crank,everything else will be replaced.i looked at the gx 390 thats 13hp take the govner out 18hp;fit billet flywheel and some other bits and 25-28hp is poss,but im going with the gx200 as thats the light weight one.will be trail and error..picking reduction plate up 2morro looks very nice will post pic..

i know it will get me of the ground at 92kg.wont know the climb rate etc till its a goer.in standard mode the gx revs to 3500,with the mods im doing it should get approx 6-7000.if i need more ummp im thinking of a very small super charger as fiited to small motorcycles and rc model aircraft//in for a penney in til the end//someone has to tinker////

• 2 weeks later...

we need an update......!!!! hows it going.........just a thought my mate put a high compression head on his rad racket engine and its keeps siezing up and putting holes in the piston because its now running much much hotter and can not get rid of the extra heat with the existing fins and cowling,,,,,,

do you reckon the honda will be able to handle the extra heat made !! ( I hope it can ) or have you devised a alternative cooling method your not telling us about...maybe reversing the thrust from the propeller blades. :shock: and flying backwards clever ehh..... :coptor:

hi was that the red head mod he fitted on his rad,there is a warnimg over faulty wrist pins..no probs with the gx 200 in the go kart world ref overheating,so im not expecting any.but it is trail and error..got the bolt-on kit 10,so will rebuild soon,will need to get the hardend rev roller rockers though,got stung for£108 customs tax when i picked the bits up from parcel force 2day..will upload pic of bits,,,