Fusion not for newcomers!

I've just bought a Fusion,it says in the handbook its for pilots with 40+ hours only which is about what I have.

I find this difficult to understand because on take off trim its a pussycat,as well mannered as any beginners wing.

If the pilot has only few hours experience he can leave it on this setting,only altering the trim as he gets his 40 hours flying.

Then he can play around with the trim knowing that he already has confidence in the wing.

Why buy a beginners wing only to sell and buy a Fusion a few months later.Just keep it on slow trim .

I've just bought a Fusion,it says in the handbook its for pilots with 40+ hours only which is about what I have.

I find this difficult to understand because on take off trim its a pussycat,as well mannered as any beginners wing.

If the pilot has only few hours experience he can leave it on this setting,only altering the trim as he gets his 40 hours flying.

Then he can play around with the trim knowing that he already has confidence in the wing.

Why buy a beginners wing only to sell and buy a Fusion a few months later.Just keep it on slow trim .

There are many 'eciting' beginner / inter wings to select from.

You won't get bored wirth a Revo, Synth, or Apco in your first year.

The Fusion is for people who have 40 hours and fly 40 hours 'per year' min.

SW :D

Is it still a pussycat if it suffers a collapse on takeoff trim?

Cambodia

Sorry about my short answer a moment ago. I just couldn't believe you were talking about the Fusion. However, when I flew one recently I was over the top of the weight range, and I found it very exciting to fly on Takeoff trim. Get up high 2-3000 ft and start pulling some brake. Build up slowly though. Then come back and tell us all how a learner would have felt. I've a hundred hours or more (not hugely experienced) and it made me stare. Awesome glide and quick too.

Hope to meet you at one of the fly ins mate.

Dave

thats interesting because i read up on the wing and providing you got respect for it then i couldnt see a problem either . i know it states x many hours, but then when you hear of the easy slow landings and easy nice launching, then i would have more safety value on that, than towing with some other reflex to launch in nill wind, im thinking most accidents are on the ground, and i assume it is because of bad launching, due to the person not fit enough to cope with the wing maybe? so surely an easier take off has to be seriously valued?

im not saying beginers should fly them, i have not flown one only read a lot on the fusion, and the only part to fuss about is the responsiveness of the wing??

as i say i aint flown one so i might be totally missing somethin , i am refering to the wing not me lol

:wink: