Newbies

Millsy

Hi guys

Two of us are looking to meet up with someone and pick their brains over the best route into the sport.

Have searched the web and found various traning sites, any recommendations?

Most seem to be 12 days but there is one that gets you flying in 3 :shock:

I am based in Kislingbury and my mate is in Sywell

Interested to talk to someone over a pint or meet up next time you fly

Hi Millsy

Welcome to the club, there are a few guys local to you, I live in Finedon and Tim lives in Northampton we are away this week on a course in France we get back on Saturday, if you PM me your landline number i'll give you a call when we get back.

David

Hi guys

Two of us are looking to meet up with someone and pick their brains over the best route into the sport.

Have searched the web and found various traning sites, any recommendations?

Most seem to be 12 days but there is one that gets you flying in 3 :shock:

I am based in Kislingbury and my mate is in Sywell

Interested to talk to someone over a pint or meet up next time you fly

It maybe a little far for you, but you can pay a visit to Lambourn any time. getting you flying in 3 days is a little much to ask, a full PMC course is 10-12 day's with your first flight after day 4 or 5.

It's not that hard, but you do need to make sure you know how to stay safe. (get on a proper course, do it right, do it once.)

WELCOME to the Paramotor Club. :D

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Millsy,

I work in Sywell, so if you fancy beer and a chat after work, just let me know.

I can bring motor and wing along so you can take a look. Maybe fire it up if we can find a suitable place, or have a go at ground handling the wing.

I've not finished my training yet, but I should be able to help you with some of the basic stuff.

I'm looking for sites and people to fly with in the Northants area. (A bit away from Sywell though - way too much in the air around here!)

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm also in Northampton and Just need to finish my training off. Been looking for active members and sites in this area so as can get a bit of ground handling in locally, but with no luck yet. Hopefully it will all come together soon though.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Sounds like we are at a similar stage. I'm also trying to locate sites, but I don't really know the area so let me know if you have any luck. I have heard of a guy who flys small aircraft or microlights out of somewhere in Pitsford, but not really much to go on.

You have to avoid Sywell though as the aerodrome is very active. I work right next to it and we often get the blades practising overhead, plus helicopters and micolights - we even had the vulcan a while back!There was talk about them holding a paramotor event this year at Sywell, but not sure if it ever got off the ground (excuse the pun). Anyone know if it's still on ?

It sounds like there is a little bunch of us in the area.

I'm not sure where listcom steve flys from - somewhere near the church I think. I'm sure we can hook up when he's back in the UK.

If you fancy a beer and a chat sometime after work just let me know. Maybe hook up and get some ground handling in.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Simon,

I've never really been away - just spent the winter earning vast amounts of brownie points from my wife to make sure I get plenty of Paramotor time this year.

Cheers,

Mike

Back in 26 days boys ,cant wait to get away from this hoval.i do fly from the church (permission not fully secured yet tho) ground handling there is no problem.other than that this year i will push harder for a decent site central to us all.i have a lot of work to do on my motor when i get home but wont take long if i dog straight into it .

see you all soon

steve

Hi Simon,

I've never really been away - just spent the winter earning vast amounts of brownie points from my wife to make sure I get plenty of Paramotor time this year.

Cheers,

Mike

Back in 26 days boys ,cant wait to get away from this hoval.i do fly from the church (permission not fully secured yet tho) ground handling there is no problem.other than that this year i will push harder for a decent site central to us all.i have a lot of work to do on my motor when i get home but wont take long if i dog straight into it .

see you all soon

steve

Hi Steve,

Give us a shout when your back, it would be good to meet up, maybe at the Church Field for a bit og a ground handle? or maybe just a swift beer if weather lousy. Wednesday evenings are generally best for me. But any weekday other than Friday is possible. I may have a contact for a field in Spratton, but not sure yet.

Anyway, see you when you get back.

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...