Hi from Piers

piers_dent

Hi,

20090211-xbda32rf16hq2m2pp6rtr3k2ty.jpg

Not really big on forums but thought I should drop in and say hello.

Firstly, I would like to say a huge thank you to Norman who has put an incredible amount of time and effort into his new syllabus. It stands up on its own and is just what we, as Paramotorists need. I believe that both choice and competition in the market place is healthy and can only be of benefit to those that want to pursue advancement in their flying or Instructional skills, not to mention the Insurance or legal issues.

I am really looking forward to our first CISM and Practical flying session in France.

We have arranged some great accommodation near Airvault in France, 5 minutes walk from the Airfield and I hope to be getting all those Candidate Instructors some serious airtime under their boots, and weather and skills permitting, at minimum a first Solo flight for the Ab-Initios.

I will be emailing those booked onto the course with some practical details about the accommodation in the next couple of days, but I would like to start discussing transport details so everybody is clear where we stand. I will be leaving via the Chunnel on Saturday 14th March at 1820 Hrs. I aim to get to Airvault early afternoon on Sunday (with a stop for Kip on Sat night somewhere) to get set up and prepared for our first task on Monday morning.

I shall be towing my Caravan for a couple of reasons: Firstly it allows an additional space in the house, and secondly my snoring is not good for the foundations, yet alone room mates. Flights to Poitiers are approximately £150 return and I am happy to collect anybody who flies in to Poitiers sometime Sunday evening.

I have room for some machinery in my van, but I think I am unlikely to be able to fit it all in. A small contribution towards fuel costs would be appreciated. If you are booked on the course and don’t mind Caravan speed and would like to go in convoy then you are of course welcome to join me. I know two of the Candidate Instructors and their flying history, and if that is anything to go by then it’s going to be a privilege to be involved with this course.

I don’t have much time in the day to become involved with forum threads and conversations but I am looking forward to seeing you at Ground School on the 6th.

Piers Dent